Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
That looks amazing. Love the gecko on the Rubi. I have a Juicebox new model that was professionally installed and it has been working great. I would buy it again. Bought directly from manufacturer for around $600 I believe.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It was $469 plus tax.....Its NEMA 4 rated so its perfect for outside.

NEMA Type 4: Weather tight (weatherproof) enclosures. Constructed for either indoor or outdoor use to provide a degree of protection against falling dirt, rain, sleet, snow, windblown dust, splashing water, and hose-directed water. Will be undamaged by the external formation of ice on the enclosure.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Check your local power company.....some offer rebates on certain models. My power company was offering 75% credit on my power bill up to $200 dollars max for the Level 2 EVSE. I could go with any one I wanted it just had to be new and UL listed.

·
Registered
2021 sahara 4xe granite crystal metallic
30 Posts
Check your local power company.....some offer rebates on certain models. My power company was offering 75% credit on my power bill up to $200 dollars max for the Level 2 EVSE. I could go with any one I wanted it just had to be new and UL listed.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! Does anyone have a rough estimated cost for an electrician to install an outlet/wiring/breaker for the level 2 charger?

@Grimmjpr
Great I'll check that charger out. A NEMA 4 rating seems like exactly what I need.
Also, what winch/plate did you get? I have the steel bumpers option, but not sure what else exactly I will need down the line.
Btw, your 4xe photos heavily influenced my decision in getting gecko :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
@Calcul0n I sent you a PM on a few things...didn't want to clog up the thread. My electrician was able to tap the main power outside where it comes into my house right on the other side of the wall of my garage so the main power wire was only about 6 feet long or so, along with a small sub panel, conduit, breakers, NEMA 6-50 outlet and an additional 120 dedicated 20 amp plug it cost me $400 bucks. I was pleased with the cost.
Gas Font Shelving Art Machine
Fixture Gas Electricity Electrical wiring Cable

·
Registered
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
94 Posts
Sweet color! I just bought mine last Monday and will be having an electrician next week install a 220v on the outside of my garage, I also ordered the Grizzl-e because of the reviews and a ton of research. Cost for the electrician to run a 30 ft line to the outside of my house and add a 40amp breaker will be $600. Might be a little high but I need it done.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
94 Posts
Finally got an electrician to install a outside 220 v after almost 3 weeks of searching, none had time because their so busy. I’ll be installing the charger later today. Congrats on the new purchase, I love mine so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.