Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Hello! I was pretty excited when I found this forum last night, but not as exciting as
ordering my Wrangler Rubicon 4xe yesterday! Looking forward to joining the 4xe community.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
White. I really liked the way it looked with the black fender flares, black soft top and the hood accent. Also added the black grille.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's pretty cool. Sadly no garage for me. I do have a charging station at work so it will get it's juice there mostly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No, not yet. I'm in a rental house while I'm building. Fortunately, I got the 4xe and figured out that I should run a conduit under where my driveway will be so that my electrician (he's coming back to finish up) can run 240V power to the other side of the detached garage. Yes, any 240V requires an electrician. I'm just fortunate to have one coming to where I need one.

I'm also researching all of the tax credits available (local/state/fed and provider) to see how I can justify that to my wife. I'll definitely get it. I think there is one with selectable levels, so may need one for a UTV or some other toy in my future?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, lucky there. BTW do you use the Lvl 2 charger? I assumes you need an electrician to install it?
We've got a Level 2 but using it without a dedicated outlet at the moment. We're just sharing the dryer outlet - the charger has a N6-50 plug so I picked up an adapter cable, that's a 10-30P (typical 240 dryer outlet and a 6-50R (female 6-50 socket).

Funny enough, I read about more than one person doing this for an extended period. Some people bought splitters, and there's even a "smart box" that will switch between two "devices" (shuts one down, with a priority setting for which one).

For our house, the 240 dryer is in an interior washroom, so it's not very convenient, and I am going to get a garage N6-50 outlet installed (and obv. not use the adapter).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apparently I have to check and see if I have a free circuit in my house to hook it up to. Going to be chatting with an electrician closer to mine arriving. I can charge at work, but I want to be able to charge at home also. Might have to at least get an outlet outside for the Level 1 charger.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My dealer (that just sounds bad) called me today to let me know that my order has been assigned a VIN and shipping date (6/3). Oh, the waiting game sucks. I'm such kid when it comes to my new Jeep.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts