Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice! I like your spec.
What other color options and combinations were you considering? Or were you set on that from the start?
@JeepFan I was pretty set on the color. I wanted the black hardtop which is not available. I decided to get the soft top. I’m interested in getting the Patriot Fastbacks Surfrider hardtop for extra head space.

·
Registered
71 Posts
@JeepFan I was pretty set on the color. I wanted the black hardtop which is not available. I decided to get the soft top. I’m interested in getting the Patriot Fastbacks Surfrider hardtop for extra head space.

View attachment 68
If you can you might want to double check with your dealer about the hard top. I found this photo that suggests that it might be available to order.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you can you might want to double check with your dealer about the hard top. I found this photo that suggests that it might be available to order.

@Maria, @Wrangler4XEFan also had luck getting the black hardtop on a Sahara.
You might still be able to get it. Keep us posted if you do.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Hey, all! I'm glad I found this forum. Will be placing my Rubicon 4xe order this Saturday (Feb. 20). I've been waiting for a PHEV Wrangler for years, and I'm so happy I'll finally be getting one. I'm going with Firecracker Red with premium tan soft-top and saddle brown leather seats. Really wish they would offer an all-tan interior as I do not like the dark/black interiors most new cars seem to come with these days.

My wife and I own a Mitsubishi i-MiEV all-electric car, and also a Chrysler Pacifica PHEV. So, we're used to driving EVs. We'll be selling the Pacifica to make room (and money) for the Rubicon 4xe. I also own a 1998 Wrangler TJ (pic below) that I have been using strictly as the family toy for off-roading and summer topless cruising. I will be selling that, too, as we won't have room for all these vehicles, especially now that my older daughter will be driving soon and will have a car of her own.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey, all! I'm glad I found this forum. Will be placing my Rubicon 4xe order this Saturday (Feb. 20). I've been waiting for a PHEV Wrangler for years, and I'm so happy I'll finally be getting one. I'm going with Firecracker Red with premium tan soft-top and saddle brown leather seats. Really wish they would offer an all-tan interior as I do not like the dark/black interiors most new cars seem to come with these days.

My wife and I own a Mitsubishi i-MiEV all-electric car, and also a Chrysler Pacifica PHEV. So, we're used to driving EVs. We'll be selling the Pacifica to make room (and money) for the Rubicon 4xe. I also own a 1998 Wrangler TJ (pic below) that I have been using strictly as the family toy for off-roading and summer topless cruising. I will be selling that, too, as we won't have room for all these vehicles, especially now that my older daughter will be driving soon and will have a car of her own.
View attachment 104
Welcome to the forum @RobbW! That's going to be a great color combo for your 4xe! How long have you had your TJ? I really like the way its set up. Also, I've never been inside a i-MiEV what's it like?

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Welcome to the forum @RobbW! That's going to be a great color combo for your 4xe! How long have you had your TJ? I really like the way its set up. Also, I've never been inside a i-MiEV what's it like?
I've had The Captain for a couple years now. It was my first Jeep ever, although I have always wanted to own one since I was a teenager many decades ago. Our family uses The Captain for summer fun topless joyriding with the stereo cranked. And I use it for all my off-roading fun. I bought a used, older Wrangler specifically because I wanted a vehicle I could go have fun in without worrying about babying it and trying to avoid scratches and getting it dirty. That has been the best part of owning my TJ. I'll be sad to sell it and will miss the carefree use of my TJ out on the trails. However, the new 4xe will be replacing two vehicles, which will free up space in our garage and driveway. I will get to enjoy the fun and free spirit that owning a Wrangler allows everyday on my short commute to/from work. Sure, I'll have to baby it a bit more out on the trails, but I never "send it" on anything all that difficult, dangerous, or potentially destructive anyway. Illinois doesn't really afford us much in the way of difficult trails. So, I should be all good on that front. The only concern I have about the 4xe is the expected fording capabilities. I have yet to hear how capable it will be in mud and water holes.

The i-MiEV is a small, fun car to zip around in. It is whisper quiet, which is kind of unnerving the first few times you drive it. But it is so small that it can fit in anywhere. Never have to worry about parking spaces!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've had The Captain for a couple years now. It was my first Jeep ever, although I have always wanted to own one since I was a teenager many decades ago. Our family uses The Captain for summer fun topless joyriding with the stereo cranked. And I use it for all my off-roading fun. I bought a used, older Wrangler specifically because I wanted a vehicle I could go have fun in without worrying about babying it and trying to avoid scratches and getting it dirty. That has been the best part of owning my TJ. I'll be sad to sell it and will miss the carefree use of my TJ out on the trails. However, the new 4xe will be replacing two vehicles, which will free up space in our garage and driveway. I will get to enjoy the fun and free spirit that owning a Wrangler allows everyday on my short commute to/from work. Sure, I'll have to baby it a bit more out on the trails, but I never "send it" on anything all that difficult, dangerous, or potentially destructive anyway. Illinois doesn't really afford us much in the way of difficult trails. So, I should be all good on that front. The only concern I have about the 4xe is the expected fjording capabilities. I have yet to hear how capable it will be in mud and water holes.

The i-MiEV is a small, fun car to zip around in. It is whisper quiet, which is kind of unnerving the first few times you drive it. But it is so small that it can fit in anywhere. Never have to worry about parking spaces!
It certainly looks like it has been on some adventures. The pirate flag is a nice touch. The longer you have the 4xe the more willing you might be to send it :LOL:.

According to Jeep, the 4xe has 30 inches of water fording capability, which is pretty much the same as the regular Wrangler.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Welcome @RobbW.

How did you spec your 4XE Rubicon?
What is your home charging setup going to be like?
Thank you! I'm going with the Firecracker Red with tan premium Sunrider soft-top and saddle brown leather interior. I added nearly every option that was available on the build-out page on the Jeep website. My build on the site includes (going in order as you scroll down the build site):

Firecracker Red exterior
Integrated off-road camera
Standard wheels
BSW off-road tires
Premium Tan Sunrider Soft Top
Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Standard Uconnect 4C NAV
Soft top window storage bag
Grab handle kit
Safety group
Advanced safety group
Steel-bumper group
Cold weather group
Trailer-tow and Heavy-duty Electrical group

Build summary is showing a net price of $61,960. I'm hoping my dealership will offer some kind of customer loyalty discount since we bought our Chrysler Pacifica PHEV from them.

For charging, we already have one Level 2 (240v) EVSE in our garage for the two EVs we currently own. I also have an upgraded portable EVSE that can be used as either Level 1 or Level 2 depending on which power source you plug it into.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts