Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Not sure that's a badge of honor unless folks are doing their own maintenance. There's a recall on one of the main electrical connectors under the vehicle that should be inspected. Ball joints are showing premature wear in the poly inserts that need to be re-torqued. Getting the latest PCM flashes fixes a lot of software bugs (including the disappearing back-up camera lines) and updates the max-regen button to last state chosen. Sure the oil change is easy with the drain plug right next to the filter and a shocking lack of a skid plate over the area, but you paid for those oil changes and tire rotations so let them do it, but inspect before driving off.

·
Registered
JLURe 2021 sting gray
24 Posts
Not sure that's a badge of honor unless folks are doing their own maintenance. There's a recall on one of the main electrical connectors under the vehicle that should be inspected. Ball joints are showing premature wear in the poly inserts that need to be re-torqued. Getting the latest PCM flashes fixes a lot of software bugs (including the disappearing back-up camera lines) and updates the max-regen button to last state chosen. Sure the oil change is easy with the drain plug right next to the filter and a shocking lack of a skid plate over the area, but you paid for those oil changes and tire rotations so let them do it, but inspect before driving off.
You are 100% righ. I think the question here was for the for overnight stay following an issue not regular maintenance or recall? Or I just misunderstood the initial question!

·
Registered
294 Posts
You are 100% righ. I think the question here was for the for overnight stay following an issue not regular maintenance or recall? Or I just misunderstood the initial question!
I made that same assumption, but wanted to clarify what all they did when I went in for service. There's also a recall on the gas cap tether to a shorter one, but those are on back-order so I didn't have mine replaced. Might just tie a knot in it for now. It likes to get under the cap.. BTW....I got 13,350 miles with no major ussues.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As the OP, yes. I didn't want to overcomplicate things with 20 conditions. There are a lot of posts here about trouble. Seeing if there's a wave of counterargument to that.

When I buy a new vehicle, I don't expect it to break down for at least 5 years and don't expect to be without it pretty much ever overnight in the first year or two.

·
Registered
294 Posts
As the OP, yes. I didn't want to overcomplicate things with 20 conditions. There are a lot of posts here about trouble. Seeing if there's a wave of counterargument to that.

When I buy a new vehicle, I don't expect it to break down for at least 5 years and don't expect to be without it pretty much ever overnight in the first year or two.
Well, they had mine for 4 days even with a service appointment. I think they were waiting on the tether for the gas cap, were really busy or just put me last in line because I left it the night before and didn't request a loaner. We gonna have a come to Jesus meeting next time I wait 2 weeks for an appointment and don't get serviced in one day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts