Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some back pain and sciatica that sometimes makes driving uncomfortable in my right leg. Left leg driving helps, but what really helps is using cruise control - in local traffic, I use the accel/decel buttons all the time. I've been driving this way for years. The 4xe cruise control is pretty good compared with my 2012 4Runner. I love that you can actually the MPH it's set for, and the adaptive cruise control seems pretty responsive so far.

My question is how the cruise control or ACC impact efficiency? Am I using more battery using the accelerator and decelerate or using the cruise control? How much off a different does it really make?

·
Registered
477 Posts
@Selbeast dont know the efficiency answer but I have suffered from sciatica in the past and found acupuncture to be of great help. I was never a believer but highly recommend it if you haven’t tried it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Selbeast dont know the efficiency answer but I have suffered from sciatica in the past and found acupuncture to be of great help. I was never a believer but highly recommend it it you haven’t tried it.
Thanks. I'll give it a try, PT did nothing for me. Steroid injections were a big help, but you can't do those forever.

·
Registered
610 Posts
When I'm maximizing effecency to extend battery range, I'll just use standard cc and adjust my speed to smooth out the traffic's undulations. I can get 36 miles + when doing this, and staying under 45 mph.

I also don't use the CC for acceleration either. It maxes out the electric power.

Otherwise, I love ACC. I get a kick out of the full start/stop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts