Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive about 50mi round trip to work every day, wondering if I need to plug in every night (apartment complex has charger but only 1 so it will be tricky). Also just kind of curious about a road trip - if I travel 300mi will I basically be doing most of it on the engine unless I stop to recharge the battery?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I drive about 50mi round trip to work every day, wondering if I need to plug in every night (apartment complex has charger but only 1 so it will be tricky). Also just kind of curious about a road trip - if I travel 300mi will I basically be doing most of it on the engine unless I stop to recharge the battery?
Welcome to the forum @rgeep! Teh 4xe can recharge from regenerative braking as well, not just by plugging in, so I don't think you'll need to plug in every night. Unless you want to drive some of your commute in all electric mode.

Here's a good explainer of how the 4xe system works.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yup also if you look in the hybrid pages there is an option to configure you eSave mode to prioritize charging the battery. so you could switch modes as needed to really stretch your range on longer trips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts