Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much did your electrician charge to install a 240 volt outlet for level 2 charger?
im getting everything prepared , thought i had a 240 volt outlet so im hiring electrician to install , what figures are you guys seeing to install it in garage for those who didnt have this socket already?

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
338 Posts
There are so many variables, it would be impossible to say without getting into the details of each job. Rough estimate…
$500-$1500 or more. Like me, $2100. I needed to upgrade from a 100amp panel to a 200amp panel. Village codes required it because I had no more room in the 100amp panel. And in doing so, the outside meter must be upgraded as well. That required the utilities to come out, shut off the power, then return after everything was rewired and turn the power back on and inspect all the work. So of course permits, lots of time, materials and so on. That did not include the JuiceBox 40, which I paid $600 for. I got mine hard wired into the garage. We ended up keeping the 100amp panel in addition to the new 200amp and reworked some of the bigger draw appliances to all go on the new panel and the basics on the old one. We ended up replacing the old 100amp with a new 100amp because of its age and some burned breakers that were unknown to us. When you start upgrading old electrical, it gets expensive. But now our home is safe and up to date. And we have lots of space for more breakers if we ever remodel or add on. Money well spent.

·
Registered
283 Posts
My quotes ranged from $1300 to $1800 because I have a 75’ run. I went with Splitvolt for $300 and it works great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I didn't need a new panel and I had my electrician install two plugs. $120 for each plug. It was also near the panel, but he normally doesn't charge anymore for the distance from the panel. This is a great price in the Houston area. Might be more elsewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting mine installed this week for around $1400CDN, it may involve 200A service upgrade which is $2500CDN. We have about a 75' run also. I'll let you know the final verdict.

·
Registered
25 Posts
depends how far you are from the panel and what room you have in the panel, copper is expensive right now and will impact the cost, I also needed to load shed my whole house generator. But the estimates above makes sense, get multiple quotes

·
Registered
57 Posts
Best thing you can do is run your own cable snd just have them hook up both ends, more than half the price us them crawling around and drilling holes in 2x4s. Lots of online tools to estimate your cable gauge to length.

I estimated my line with a 60 amp pull because I foresee future cars wanting more amps…4AWG, was $200 just for the cable but most of the cost is labor so why not future proof it.

Also check with your state, my state offered a tax credit 50% of the cost of my install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts