Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

How should I drive to work?

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  michail 
Some days I need about 175% of my battery for commuting (my commute locations vary). I consider a full charge to be equivalent to about 1.2 gallons of gas, so if you’ve got a pay charger near work that can charge you for 2.5 hours and cost less than a gallon of gas, then it’s probably worth it to charge. Otherwise, just leave it in hybrid. If you turn on max regen, it seems the brake lights come on a lot, so I stopped using that mode after I realized that’s why someone was trying to run me off the road.
Stop using the gas pedal as an on/off switch and use it as a dimmer instead. You can regen(slow down) while not activating the brake lights. You can also coast if you find the sweet spot in the gas pedal. Coming from a Tesla this is just second nature for me but my wife(primary driver of the 4Xe) is still a little jerky with her pedal controls. If you change your center screen display to your power delivery methods*? (the one that shows battery power and gas power on the right half of the circle it can help you determine these spots in the pedal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.