Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 JLU 4xe HA
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from an BMW i3s, I've always thought the 4xe is massively laggy when punching it from stop. Today while heading home I tried a couple of launch experiments to see where all the torque is. Final results, at a dead stop, in 4wd Auto, set to eSave, in manual mode. Pretty awesome :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
The ICE needs to be running when you hit the throttle or you'll feel a lag until it starts. That's true for any hybrid. I feel it in our Prius.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you ready for more? With your left foot press the brake as hard as possible. With your right foot give some throttle gradually until at ~2000 rpm for a little to build some boost then simultaneously release your left foot brake and mash your right foot to the floor.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
511 Posts
Tell me you never have dragged raced an auto transmission without telling me you haven't dragged raced an auto transmission before.
You’re right, I’ve never drag raced an auto transmission. I’ll leave that for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We should take a poll. I wonder how many came from another EV and this is their first Jeep, and how many had jeeps previously and traded up?
I’ve had a Civic Hybrid, BMW i3, BMW 530e and still have the Tesla! i3 was the best for parking. But I love the jeep. 😍

1 - 16 of 16 Posts