Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4xe Rubicon, AP1 S2000
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought occurred to me this morning as I was doing the school run. My route consists of about 1 mile of total driving, with two drop-offs of 2-5 minutes each where I walk my kids into school or to the front door. In my old 3.6L Jeep, I tried not to idle the Jeep when I got out unless it was very cold/hot just because of the wasted gas, emissions, loud Jeep, kind of obnoxious, etc. However, in the 4xe, I’m doing the whole run on electric, which was kind of the point of me buying it. And because of that, is there any reason to turn it off? I mean, the power draw is nearly nil sitting there, just HVAC and whatever other systems are running, and I don’t care anyways since I start with a full charge and then return home to top it up (I WFH) and I’m at like 97%. And obviously no emissions/gas wasted. Theft is a consideration, but the odds my Jeep gets stolen in the 3 minutes at 8AM in front of my kids’ schools in my moderately fancy suburb are nil. So is there any reason to turn it off? I’m thinking no? I leave the keys in it so I don’t get the obnoxious honking.

Pic for fun:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, it's a tiny bit of draw running the screens and things and the DC-DC to charge the 12V battery. But I'm sure non of that really matters compared to the power of running the motor to move the Wrangler! The big concerns in my mind would be safety (good thing these have auto park) and theft, which you said shouldn't be a problem.

And yeah, wow, that honking is annoying.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.