So far I am totally in love with this vehicle, so glad I made the purchase. Picked up 6/19 and just completed my first 300 miles, 37.6 gas and 262.4 electric. Here are my initial thoughts:
- Level 2 charger is a must to maximize electric range as you can top off every time you are home. I personally find myself not wanting to use any gas even though I know that is not realistic or the intent of this vehicle.
- Max Regen requires some skill to truly maximize regen. Using it wrong can actually work against you. Key is to use it at the right time (i.e. not on the highway) and to not let it slow you down too aggressively by keeping your foot lightly on the accelerator (unless you need to come to a full stop) as it will cost you more power to get back up to speed than you earned by slowing down too much.
- Accleration is awesome compared to my ’12 JK even in 100% electric mode.
- Ride quality and interior comfort are also much improved over the JK.
- Uconnect app is pretty great but updating it is painfully slooooooooooooooooooooow.
- Backup camera lines disappearing is a small but annoying bug.
- Stock Rubi wheels are sharp but Jeep needs a blackout option.
- Alpine sound system sounds pretty good but needs more power. I had the Alpine system installed in my JK aftermarket and the subwoofer would vibrate the seats, this system doesn't.
- 300 miles and gas tank still on FULL. I would be refillling my JK about now albeit I did have 35's on the JK and only 33's on the 4xe.
- Soft top operation is much easier and the auto folding is very convenient. Nice touch.
- Speaking of the soft top, the frame is so much quieter than the JK. Doesn’t rattle at all.
- The paint around the hinges is sub par. You can see the primer through the white paint in a few areas where the hinge meets the door. Tailgate is the worst.
- 2 hard rains and it doesn’t leak!
- Check your fuses! 30-40% of mine were not seated fully.
- Getting 24-26 all electric miles pretty consistently. Curious to see how this changes in winter.
- Another 25-50 electric miles would be awesome but baby steps.....
- Wish Carplay was wireless.
- Would be great to have the option to set Max Regen and electric as the default instead of having to press each time you start the car.
- The power windows need the option to automatically go all the way up so you don't have to hold the button. Small, I know.
- The space between the fender flare and body panel is too large leaving room for debris and small rocks, luckily there are some good hacks on the JL Wrangler forum.