Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been surprised to have to use my phone to find charging stations, I mean why couldn't jeep embed a charging station finder on the integrated navigation system? So, I was playing around with the integrated navigation app on my 4xe this morning, and guess what I found! It's there! Hidden deep in the options menu on the map. There's actually two ways to view this.

1. Go to the main menu page.

select Where To.

select Edit Where To. in POI select Electric Vehicle Station. The icon will pop up!

2. Go to the map page

Select Settings

Select Map Setup

Select Show POI Icons and then select POI Categories

Select Electric Vehicle Station. Icons will start showing up on your map! Now for the question. Does anyone know where they get the data? Although it does show a number of charging stations, it does not show all of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
I just use plug share and charge point through android auto. But I did find the Uconnect map system very helpful on my road trip. Especially since many places I was had no service.

The Uconnect map is also easier to read and has nice highway exit info.

I think it's just generic data, so non EVs probably get the same POIs. If it's Here maps it's a fairly common database across manufacturers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
This sounds useful and I may use it on my upcoming trip. Our complaint with the Nav system is it doesn't give lane information ahead of an exit or turn. We're using the Apple app through CarPlay instead.

·
Registered
590 Posts
This sounds useful and I may use it on my upcoming trip. Our complaint with the Nav system is it doesn't give lane information ahead of an exit or turn. We're using the Apple app through CarPlay instead.
I could swear it does, even into the IC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts