Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back, someone posted about installing interior protective film over the piano black surfaces and I wasn't able to find which thread that comment was in. Does anyone have a link to something like this? Googling hasn't turned anything up, and my PPF/ceramic guy said they can't do XPEL around electronics due to the liquid they need to use to apply it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
A while back, someone posted about installing interior protective film over the piano black surfaces and I wasn't able to find which thread that comment was in. Does anyone have a link to something like this? Googling hasn't turned anything up, and my PPF/ceramic guy said they can't do XPEL around electronics due to the liquid they need to use to apply it.
Paging @mkenny28 to the courtesy phone...

He posted about it somewhere.

Edit... Found it and also found a discount code for 15% off... "MUMFY15"

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe Trailhawk
186 Posts

This kit literally says it comes with "water based solution". Is that detrimental to the electronics (buttons and stuff not the screen) it will be surrounding.

·
Registered
318 Posts
This kit literally says it comes with "water based solution". Is that detrimental to the electronics (buttons and stuff not the screen) it will be surrounding.
I haven't installed it yet but no, it is perfectly safe. The water actually goes onto the screen protector itself. Yes it then goes on the screen and trim but it becomes an adhesive of sorts at that point.

Reactions: Screen ProTech

·
Registered
318 Posts

That's the one! I haven't had a chance to install it yet but hopefully I can clear up some time today and report back.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was curious about this too except I was wondering if there were adhesive cover options, like a carbon fiber patterned one to conver the piano black portions. Is there such thing?

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's the one! I haven't had a chance to install it yet but hopefully I can clear up some time today and report back.
Curious does that kit come with a wrap for the area around the cupholder? Considering buying it but the pictures of the product are confusing.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Curious does that kit come with a wrap for the area around the cupholder? Considering buying it but the pictures of the product are confusing.
It is confusing, and I bet my pics won't help... But here is my attempt using my phone... The order they picture it doesn't make sense as we are trying to look at it, but using a laser cutter (or whatever you want to call them) might lay it out like this to eliminate waste?

Automotive design Steering part Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Rectangle Automotive lighting Font Gas Parallel

·
Registered
186 Posts
Gear shift Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Where the 3 is in this diagram I have cupholders. So I am not sure if this kit will jive with my setup. I think I am going to send this picture to their email and ask if I will get full coverage or not.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Nope do you?
Quick screenshot grabs from recent reviewers...

Base trim...
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Overland trim

Gear shift Steering part Plant Steering wheel Automotive design

Gear shift Plant Car Vehicle Automotive design

So it appears that the base and trailhawk do not get the little door over the cupholders. I almost prefer that.... So that kit linked above does not appear the have a cover for trailhawk and base trims with no doors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm getting all interior piano black and screens covered with XPEL stealth, as well as tint, ceramic, and PPF on the hood the first week of November. I'll report back to you on the results.
Please do! Would love to see some well lit detail photos if possible. Thinking of the exact same for mine that’s supposedly coming in a month.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The one for the Summit reserve does not come with individual pieces for the cup holder, just the cover. You have to be very careful because they have a handful of variations that are model/trim specific. I emailed back and forth with them to make sure the one I bought was for the SR. Definitely reach out to them with any questions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I purchased the XPEL P1806DJ-U kit but only comes with the films. Does anyone know what solution should I use to apply these films?
Also asked around but none of the installers does interior films near DMV.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts