Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,
Wish I had pictures to post of our new Grand Cherokee but we’re still waiting on it. We’re in Alvin Texas which is halfway between Houston and Galveston. We have a class c motor home and the plan is to flat tow the 4XE behind it. Everything I’ve read says we can do it.
Guess we keep on waiting

Barry in Texas

· Registered
17 Posts
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Picked it up yesterday!

I wanted to thank everyone for all the info posted on this forum, it was all very helpful as I made my decisions about what I wanted.

I ultimately bought a ‘22 Rubicon 4xe in Sting-gray with cold weather package, sunrider soft top, steel bumpers and gorilla glass.

2x Jeep owner, happy to be part of the 4xe group

· Registered
4 Posts
Found a 2022 black on black on a dealer lot on Wednesday. Got it just below MSRP. Picking up next week sometime! First time Jeep owner, will post photos after delivery.
Picked my new 4xe Sahara Unlimited up today, while visiting my new granddaughter. More pics to follow when she is all cleaned up and a coat of 303 graphine.

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

My name is Steve... live in central New York. I'm just looking at the Jeep 4xe right now. I currently owe a Chevy Volt and I love it. We just recently purchased a Grand Cherokee L as our family vehicle and I'm in love with it. I've never been a big jeep fan, but that has converted me. I'm curious if anyone has gone from a Volt to a 4xe and what their thoughts are on it.
Thanks!

· Registered
2022 White 4xe
47 Posts
New member with a 4xe. Build date is 4/22 and picked it up last Friday 5/29. So far so good. Was not what I wanted. Preferred a Rubicon with the Xtreme package but FCA cut the ordering for 2022. I could live without the lockers but not sure about the 20" wheels and street tires. Perhaps this may be a stepping stone for the next one or it may prove itself reliable and I keep it.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
17 Posts
Hi all,

My name is Steve... live in central New York. I'm just looking at the Jeep 4xe right now. I currently owe a Chevy Volt and I love it. We just recently purchased a Grand Cherokee L as our family vehicle and I'm in love with it. I've never been a big jeep fan, but that has converted me. I'm curious if anyone has gone from a Volt to a 4xe and what their thoughts are on it.
Thanks!
I was a previous Tesla owner (full
Electric vs hybrid I realize) but missed my old Jeep too much I had to switch back. I wasn’t in love with the Tesla for numerous reasons so that made it easier. I’ve had my 4xe 2+ weeks at this point and find that the hybrid system is just ok. Don’t buy a 4xe thinking you’re getting a hugely gas saving hybrid. Jeeps are block front, not aerodynamic, heavy, impractical daily driver vehicles, but damn are they fun! If you do a lot of local driving, within the 20-25 mile all electric range and can use a majority of all electric power then great and it will give you a similar ‘fill up with gas once every 3 weeks’ hybrid experience. The hybrid seems to work much better on the slower speed roads (below 50), or driving around town, and loses benefit at highway speed. It also doesn’t seem to do great on those long uphills where you need more power to maintain constant speed. I’m still a new owner and trying to figure out how the car performs best but think of a 4xe as a better gas milage Jeep, not a gas saving hybrid. I try to plug in where I can while out (I have a my old Tesla charger with adapter at home as well) to maximize the all electric power and benefit but otherwise, the hybrid performance seems to be below average compared to other phev vehicles on the market. I use about 70/30 hybrid/all electric and am averaging about 26mpg overall (about 8mpg better than my old v6 Sport S). Maybe longer term owners have a different view. I don’t regret buying it at all, I’ve not had any issues or problems thus far and I’m so much happier driving a Jeep again. Hope this helps.

· Registered
Awaiting my first Jeep - a '23 Rubi 4xe in Hydro Blue with SOT
36 Posts
Hi everyone - Bill from Westchester, NY here. Just ordered my first Jeep, a long-time dream of mine, last Friday 6/24. This will be my 4xe:
  • Rubicon
  • Hydro blue
  • Soft top
  • Half doors
  • Steel bumpers, Advanced Safety, Towing, Cold Weather groups

I’m excited! And ready for the wait, unfortunately, too. I’ll have to use to time to meet you all and take good note of all your awesome mods!

· Registered
2023 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
38 Posts
Hi all, I'm going through a broker recommended on here, Clutch, and am waiting to place my order for a 2023 Rubicon 4xe. Coming from an Lexus LX570 that I love, but don't love the 15 mpg. Getting into the 4xe for the obvious fuel benefits (my normal commute is 14-20 miles) and to have something that I can take to the trails. I'm planning on ordering the Rubicon in Silver, 3-piece hardtop with insulation, towing group, both safety groups, and possibly cold weather group. Should I trim down the packages to get my Rubicon quicker? The only must have is the hard top, so I'm fine trimming the rest if it's worth it.

· Registered
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4xe.
15 Posts
Please take a moment to create a new post in this section to introduce yourself! :)
Matty Dreadz, just picked up this beauty 6 days ago and still figuring the whole Hybrid/ICE coexistence, but loving it along with the ⛽ mileage as I’m pretty much driving ⚡. I’ve been reading this forum and the input is great, thanks everyone!
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Car
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Car

· Registered
16 Posts
Hello fellow 4xe'ers! Just ordered my Sahara in Hydro Blue with the Sky One Touch roof, tow package and cold weather package.

I've currently own a '12 Grand Cherokee Overland with the Hemi since new... Looking forward to a new Jeep experience!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts