Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 wrangler diesel unlimited JL with uconnect We bought a week ago. My dad liked it so much he wanted one and decided on the new plug in 4xe hybrid. My dad has an old classic iPod he has used in his cars for almost 20 years. He tried it in my new wrangler using the USB ports and it worked fine. Now he has picked up his 4xe yesterday and the radio screen says “device not supported.” Why would it work in my brand new 2021 but not his? I guess iPods only work in diesels? (joking)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 2021 wrangler diesel unlimited JL with uconnect We bought a week ago. My dad liked it so much he wanted one and decided on the new plug in 4xe hybrid. My dad has an old classic iPod he has used in his cars for almost 20 years. He tried it in my new wrangler using the USB ports and it worked fine. Now he has picked up his 4xe yesterday and the radio screen says “device not supported.” Why would it work in my brand new 2021 but not his? I guess iPods only work in diesels? (joking)
Could be a different firmware version? The UConnect in the 4xe has extra screens for hybrid stuff, so it's likely a different build of the software.

With that said, I've found that sometimes the cable is the problem. 3rd party USB cables or worn out Apple cables don't always play nice with some infotainment - don't ask me why. Try a different USB cable?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cable isn’t the proble. We just don’t understand how it works in my diesel and not his 4xe

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
602 Posts
Like @Bren said…different software in the 4xe’s. Just get the music running through his phone and ditch the old iPod.

·
Registered
4xe Rubicon, AP1 S2000
67 Posts
Cassette deck adaptor? 🤣

1 - 8 of 8 Posts