Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm realizing that I'm never going to find the model with the exact options I want. I went to my local jeep dealer and they said that they're not even taking orders. Is there a way to order online?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm realizing that I'm never going to find the model with the exact options I want. I went to my local jeep dealer and they said that they're not even taking orders. Is there a way to order online?
You can only build it online but the order and sale must be intermediated by a dealership. I would call around and see if another dealer might be able to place the order.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had multiple dealerships tripping over me to get the order. Id try another dealership
if you’re willing to travel, there are recommended dealerships over on the JL forums who are high volume and offer 4-6% below invoice over the internet. Just reach out to one of these dealers with the options you want, they’ll work up a build sheet with no-nonsense pricing, and place your order. Some will ask for a deposit.

Personally I went with Tri-City Jeep in NC. I‘m in the northeast, and will fly down to pick it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are a lot of regulations that make it difficult for a car manufacturer to sell directly to you. These rules are in place to protect dealerships, which are local small businesses, vs. manufacturers which are often multi-national corporations and headquartered somewhere else. Tesla has largely figured out how to get around the rules, but some states are pushing back.

too long, didn't read -- a dealership has to be your middle-man with the manufacturer.

Note: Some Jeep dealerships are "high volume" and get treated preferentially, allegedly, by Jeep in terms of how long it takes to get your build. Conversely, folks in Canada apparently are so deprioritized as to face interminable waits for their special orders. So you might want to read up on the board here on how to strategize this process. There are several good threads on this topic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts