Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing some posts about people having issues with the 4Xe and check engine light going on . Has anyone one here run into that ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I haven't had a check engine light come on yet, but I did have one experience where the battery was depleted and the vehicle kept switching between the battery and gas every 15 seconds or so, then we suffered a terrible lurch that felt like the drivetrain dropped into 1st gear or something. Shut off the vehicle and turned it back on and haven't experienced anything like that since.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome @kkness2.

Did those 4xe owners report what else was happening when the check engine light came on? Or if its anything to be really concerned about? Most owners haven't had anything bad to say from what I noticed.

Do you own a 4xe or will be taking delivery soon?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I haven't had a check engine light come on yet, but I did have one experience where the battery was depleted and the vehicle kept switching between the battery and gas every 15 seconds or so, then we suffered a terrible lurch that felt like the drivetrain dropped into 1st gear or something. Shut off the vehicle and turned it back on and haven't experienced anything like that since.
I wonder if that was because it was shutting off the electric motor because of the low battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Day 2 (yesterday) had check engine for low reservoir which was quickly proceed by an overheat. Service is looking for the coolant leak today.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Day 2 (yesterday) had check engine for low reservoir which was quickly proceed by an overheat. Service is looking for the coolant leak today.
Hi @mjwireless,

Thank you for sharing this experience. Has your dealer resolved this concern?

Darlene
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
9 Posts
Broken down right now. Came to a halt at an intersection as I was taking a right. Forward collision avoidance and wouldn’t move.
Pushed it and rolled downhill to a parking lot. Sitting in a space waiting for the tow to the dealer.
Service Charging System is the alternating message, with the red battery light (to the right of the tach) and power plug illuminated.

I was in Electric mode when it all happened. Horrible sounds as everything kind of locked up.

Seems pretty major. 93 miles, bought 3 days ago...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Broken down right now. Came to a halt at an intersection as I was taking a right. Forward collision avoidance and wouldn’t move.
Pushed it and rolled downhill to a parking lot. Sitting in a space waiting for the tow to the dealer.
Service Charging System is the alternating message, with the red battery light (to the right of the tach) and power plug illuminated.

I was in Electric mode when it all happened. Horrible sounds as everything kind of locked up.

Seems pretty major. 93 miles, bought 3 days ago...
Hi @Kevern,

Please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer. We want to ensure that you have support while your Jeep is at the dealer.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had trouble ordering a 240 charger for the 4xe? I placed the order online and can't get any update on the status of the order. The online chat is completely worthless and the site is a dead end

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone had trouble ordering a 240 charger for the 4xe? I placed the order online and can't get any update on the status of the order. The online chat is completely worthless and the site is a dead end
Assuming you mean a Mopar one; I used ChargePoint Home Flex and opted for the 6-50 plug. It got to me in a couple of days. Seems not an issue with the 4xe though, perhaps moving this to its own thread?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Picked up last night, the dealer had to jump it for whatever reason. Drove home 60 miles, once we shut it off it would start. So jumped it got it into the garage and put it on the charger for the night. I also hooked up the 110 chargers in the dash said system error or something like that. Got it started this morning and took it to the dealer. Still waiting to here back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My check engine light hasn’t shut off yet, hoping tomorrow at the dealer it’s ready in bug free

·
Registered
32 Posts
116 Miles

same issue, I feel there isn’t enough info out yet

·
Registered
9 Posts
116 Miles

same issue, I feel there isn’t enough info out yet
I’m on day three. I’m feeling like I’ll be counting down the days up to 30 in the next 900 or so...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Picked up last night, the dealer had to jump it for whatever reason. Drove home 60 miles, once we shut it off it would start. So jumped it got it into the garage and put it on the charger for the night. I also hooked up the 110 chargers in the dash said system error or something like that. Got it started this morning and took it to the dealer. Still waiting to here back.
We are sorry to learn of this experience with your brand new 4xe. Please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can look into this further for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Reactions: YN4xe and Venjack
1 - 20 of 369 Posts