Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

181 - 200 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks, it could have been worse, but this issue seems so unpredictable that you never know what situation you'll be in when it happens.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is that related to jeep in any way. I followed a link and it seemed to be related to a 14xe power train for commercial trucks.
It is not accurate. I’m the one who posted it (I found it on another Jeep forum) and and it seem the journalist did a typo on the headline! 🤦🏻‍♂️Not sure if a moderator can delete that. Wish headline these days were more accurate. I definitely don’t want to be spreading misinformation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is a positive development. Hopefully it fixes some of the issues people are having.
Please disregard this post
It is not accurate. They make a similar system called a 14xe for tractor trailers. I’m the one who posted it (I found it on another Jeep forum) and it seem the journalist made a typo on the headline! 🤦🏻‍♂️Not sure if a moderator can delete that. Wish headlines these days were more accurate. I definitely don’t want to be spreading misinformation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Day 2 (yesterday) had check engine for low reservoir which was quickly proceed by an overheat. Service is looking for the coolant leak today.
Owned for 10 days. No probs until 3 hours ago. Highway driving, temp light came on. Pulled off the highway, allowed some cooling, restarted then the whole thing started to shake and make a horrible noise. Now there are engine fragments under the vehicle. AAA came to return to the dealer. The Jeep SOS service was not helpful. Argh. A lemon....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had a response from the dealer for mine today. There was a cut seal in the wiring harness (likely from factory install). A whole new harness is on order. It’ll only take 45days to get here 😫. Luckily the dealer rented me a 2.0 sahara unlimited until I get the Rubicon back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had a response from the dealer for mine today. There was a cut seal in the wiring harness (likely from factory install). A whole new harness is on order. It’ll only take 45days to get here 😫. Luckily the dealer rented me a 2.0 sahara unlimited until I get the Rubicon back.
WOW.. 45 days... At least you are putting miles on a rental.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi all,

Im new and signed up just to find out if others were having the same issues. I drove my sahara 4xe for 2 weeks before the engine light and service hybrid electic light came on. In the morning it turned off and the dealer kept it 3 days to tell me nothing was wrong. I went to the gym straight from the dealer and when i came back out the light was on again. Theyve had it again since may 6th. They finally figured out the issues is the voltage cables which are on back order and they have no idea when they will be available. They offer a rental from enterprise which they pay, but i am responsible for the taxes which come out to $5 per day. My first payment came out this week. Very frustrating.
Hey, Erikaf8. I see your private message now and will follow up with you there.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
65 Posts
My Sahara (1C4JJXP68MW698607) suddenly won't take a charge after 1100 miles. I'm using the factory Level 1. Woke up Wednesday after all night charging: 1% charged and "service charging system" message on dash. Woke up this morning after all night charging, 10% charged and same message. Tried to charge after work today, and charging works for a while but stops, same message. If I unplug and replug, it starts to charge, but stops and gives me the message. By constantly checking on it and re-plugging, I've been able to get it to about 30%, but cannot continue to monitor it all night.

No other issues so far besides charging/not being able to use the electric drivetrain, which is sorta the point.

I think I'm going to take my lumps and trade it in. Sigh. T'was a nice experiment.
Hey, Brandon. We would like to discuss your concerns further. Please send our team a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have a ticket number with Jeep Cares but no update yet. We called our dealer again Tuesday of this week and they have no updated estimate on when the part will be available.
Trying to go back and catch up on all the posts, but here is our current situation:

Our jeep has been at the dealer for over a month now. They had to engineer a new clamp to fix the leak, and we've had a lot of back and forth with "any day now" and "no eta." It finally arrived this week, and they told us we could pick it up today (after calling to see if we could bring them the spare key because they locked ours in the car). My husband got a call first thing this morning, and they said not to come. They had a tech drive it yesterday to check on the low gas mileage, and about 4 miles in, the check engine light came on and indicated a problem with the hybrid battery. They have to get an electrician to check it out now.

So we now have a "new" issue and no eta again.

FCA did reimburse our first month's payment. On top of buying a new car and immediately having problems (that do not seem to be unique to our vehicle), the communication from both our dealer and FCA has been frustrating. We are both trying to be understanding, but to say we are disappointed in this purchase and FCA would be an understatement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If we don’t step up, someone is going to get killed. My Jeep has been at the dealership since the beginning of May. What is our next point of contact outside of Chrysler/Jeep.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Everyone with similar issue should report it to NHTSA. They will follow up with you and Jeep. You can also search complaints and recalls on their website.

I have done it with my other car. NHTSA called me in a few weeks. The agent told me that if they found the same complaint from multiple users, they will ask the manufacturer to investigate the issue and do an recall. The recall on my other car happened in a few months after my report. I did find other users report the same issue though.

If we don’t step up, someone is going to get killed. My Jeep has been at the dealership since the beginning of May. What is our next point of contact outside of Chrysler/Jeep.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - Got a new '21 4xe Sahara last week. Had it for 4 days and CEL came on. Taking it to dealer tomorrow and getting a loaner. Good news is that it appears to be funning just fine but want it looked at before I get stuck on the road. I really like the car but frustrated from what I'm reading here and that there is an issue out of the gate. If I have to, I'll be asking the dealer and FCA for a return and maybe a shift to a gas model. Worried I bought a lemon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's what I found out on mine: radiator fan assembly broke, which then caused the radiator to break. Was told that I'd get the car back next week.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My Jeep Shut down while driving and gave me a Charging Fault error. Just bought it last week.
I just had this happen tonight on the freeway. I had been on a 2 day camping trip and was about an hour from home, in heavy traffic, on a highway with no shoulders. Luckily the speed was slow because after the fault it went totally limp and told to stop the car and put in park. I quickly stopped, put in park, and it came back on before I got rear ended, but I was shaken. There were no messages stored, but it did send a uconnect message saying "Charge Now. Charge fault". It clearly erroneously thought it was being charged and something was wrong, even though it was actually being driven. @JeepCares we need to fix this now!
Hi - Got a new '21 4xe Sahara last week. Had it for 4 days and CEL came on. Taking it to dealer tomorrow and getting a loaner. Good news is that it appears to be funning just fine but want it looked at before I get stuck on the road. I really like the car but frustrated from what I'm reading here and that there is an issue out of the gate. If I have to, I'll be asking the dealer and FCA for a return and maybe a shift to a gas model. Worried I bought a lemon.
This is certainly not the experience that we wish for you to have in your new Jeep Wrangler 4xe! Please reach out to our team if you do not already have a case open with Jeep Customer Care. We would like to ensure that you receive assistance & support while your vehicle is at the dealer. We are available through private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all just reviewing this discussion. New Sahara 4xe High Altitude 1171 miles. Just got towed back to the dealer for the second time with the Service Charging system issue. First time it was in the shop for a week- returned saying it was loose wiring. Obviously not. Has anyone had success with this issue getting fixed? If not lemon law is in my future.....
B273000E-7E3B-465C-903B-FB5B0F157EC1.jpeg

181 - 200 of 249 Posts