Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi all just reviewing this discussion. New Sahara 4xe High Altitude 1171 miles. Just got towed back to the dealer for the second time with the Service Charging system issue. ....
did you or dealer checked the fuse box and seating in the fuses and relays right, tighten the gasoline cap and measure the 12v battery voltage . i had a bad 12v battery in jeep renegade and got all kinds of errors from the boardcomputer. at our other cars we had was 90% a bad battery the problem. you can get this checked at any autopart store . just to make sure it is no a simple thing that cause the error.

·
Registered
6 Posts
did you or dealer checked the fuse box and seating in the fuses and relays right, tighten the gasoline cap and measure the 12v battery voltage . i had a bad 12v battery in jeep renegade and got all kinds of errors from the boardcomputer. at our other cars we had was 90% a bad battery the problem. you can get this checked at any autopart store . just to make sure it is no a simple thing that cause the error.
Thank you yes I had the dealer check all those items after reading this forum originally.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi @Kevern,

Please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer. We want to ensure that you have support while your Jeep is at the dealer.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
I have a new 4XE and at 183 miles the thing stopped dead. Locked into park. All dash lights on and some flashing. Would not run or start. Had to hike out through bear country for 14 miles. No cell service. Jeep roadside assistance would not tow it because it was on a dirt road. It's been taken back to dealer by a rip off tow company ($750) who hasnt even looked at it yet. Did I make a mistake buying this thing??? Help,
Dealer: Oxenberg Jeep, Cottonwood , Arizona
Mileage: 183 at trouble spot
VIN: 1c4jjxr67mw739242

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all just reviewing this discussion. New Sahara 4xe High Altitude 1171 miles. Just got towed back to the dealer for the second time with the Service Charging system issue. First time it was in the shop for a week- returned saying it was loose wiring. Obviously not. Has anyone had success with this issue getting fixed? If not lemon law is in my future..... View attachment 724 View attachment 724
Mine has been in the shop for over 30 days. Not sure when the wiring harness will be delivered. I’m debating what to do this weekend with the Lemon Law and all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine has been in the shop for over 30 days. Not sure when the wiring harness will be delivered. I’m debating what to do this weekend with the Lemon Law and all.
Oh wow. Are they sure it’s the wiring harness or is that just the next troubleshooting step? Are you working with Jeep directly?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have my new XE for under a week. Went to leave for work this am .. DEAD… has 75% charge, lights , horn work. Jump didn’t work…. Just dead. Bananas no special lights coming on.. nothing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Broken down right now. Came to a halt at an intersection as I was taking a right. Forward collision avoidance and wouldn’t move.
Pushed it and rolled downhill to a parking lot. Sitting in a space waiting for the tow to the dealer.
Service Charging System is the alternating message, with the red battery light (to the right of the tach) and power plug illuminated.

I was in Electric mode when it all happened. Horrible sounds as everything kind of locked up.

Seems pretty major. 93 miles, bought 3 days ago...
I’m having the same. Issue except mine stuck itself into park mode. What was your resolution? I don’t want this thing any longer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have my new XE for under a week. Went to leave for work this am .. DEAD… has 75% charge, lights , horn work. Jump didn’t work…. Just dead. Bananas no special lights coming on.. nothing.
This is certainly not the Jeep experience we want for you, VanessaV. Send our team a private message with more details and we can assist.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
238 Posts
Do you hear the high voltage contact switches when you turn it on? There should be clicking sounds coming from the back. Does the AC work?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello all- a very similar issue happened to be yesterday. Picked up my Jeep 4xE not even 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I drove to work just fine to work, plugged into one of the chargers available at work. When I got out as soon as I turned it on the check engine light came on along with the service electronic stability program. Also had the park light illuminated. The car appeared driveable still so I drove home however the brakes did appear to not be as strong. When I got home I was unable to charge. All lights are blinking red blue green and the 2 outer lights on the dash. Received charger fault message on the Uconnect app

reading this forum previously I checked all my fuses last week and they appeared to all be seated. However yesterday I discovered about 5 that had a little wiggle room. Is it possible for fuses to become unseated while traveling?
Any advice welcome

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello all- a very similar issue happened to be yesterday. Picked up my Jeep 4xE not even 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I drove to work just fine to work, plugged into one of the chargers available at work. When I got out as soon as I turned it on the check engine light came on along with the service electronic stability program. Also had the park light illuminated. The car appeared driveable still so I drove home however the brakes did appear to not be as strong. When I got home I was unable to charge. All lights are blinking red blue green and the 2 outer lights on the dash. Received charger fault message on the Uconnect app

reading this forum previously I checked all my fuses last week and they appeared to all be seated. However yesterday I discovered about 5 that had a little wiggle room. Is it possible for fuses to become unseated while traveling?
Any advice welcome
I think it’s possible. Ours quit after driving on a bumpy forest road and I suspect something shook loose on the electronics side of things. Dealer said yesterday that their first tests showed the hybrid system to be faulty. We told them to keep it and refund our money. I’m not going to do Jeep’s future product development for them at my expense.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven’t even had a chance to go off-road with it yet :mad::confused:
We had to hike out 14 miles with no cell service to call for Jeep roadside assistance to send a tow truck. After 4 hours it arrived and the driver wouldn’t go onto the dirt road to tow this Jeep unless we paid another $500. It eventually was towed to the dealer where it remains 7 days later. I’m 75 years old but luckily still in decent physical shape but imagine those who aren’t?!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Woke up today, car is charging now. Service electronic stability system light is gone however check engine light still there. Electric mode actually appeared to drive fine but switching to e-save mode felt like the gas engine was struggling to go above 2k RPMs just around the block. This is really frustrating. Taking into dealership tomorrow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep - New 4xe lasted exactly 5 days after being picked up to heading into service (delivered on 4/16). It has been at Jeep service since last Thursday (4/22), with no resolution in sight. Was told a "Jeep engineer" (I use that term lightly) is coming to look at it but that probably won't happen until next week. So the car was in my possession from 5 days and 139 miles in total, will have been in service for 11 days on Monday.

Same engine light issue as others mentioned in this thread - with a twist. Started on 4/17 when attempting to get UConnect and XM Guardian set up...pushed the Assist button, went through the setup, was told UConnect would work within 24 hours. By Tuesday, 4/20, UConnect was still not working, well, the remote functions worked but car info was still not working. Called XM Guardian again, was told to push the SOS button to complete setup and make a test call. Call doesn't go through...Guardian can't figure it out and said they'll put in a ticket to resolve. Shut off the car for the night, lock the doors, but the LCD touchscreen is still on and playing music, but the doors are locked, not in accessory mode, not in run mode. Unlock, relock, change to acc/run, relock, get in a drive a few blocks, park, lock, still on. By 4/21 the battery died and it appeared the UConnect system had restarted...but now the check engine light comes on w/the turtle icon. Dealer said to bring it in they likely just need to reset the UConnect system - that was 8 days ago.

I now 100% regret buying another one of these. I still have a 2018 JLU Rubicon and I've had no issues in the 3 years I've owned it. Not sure why I thought trusting Jeep/FCA engineering on a new hybrid car would be a good idea, but here we are...
How are things working out for you? Mine croaked on the very first trip on a smooth road going to lunch at a restaurant. It's now been 7 days with no resolution in sight.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Any advice welcome
Hey, Mattslocy. We would like to discuss your concerns further. Please send us a private message when you have a moment!

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
238 Posts
Woke up today, car is charging now. Service electronic stability system light is gone however check engine light still there. Electric mode actually appeared to drive fine but switching to e-save mode felt like the gas engine was struggling to go above 2k RPMs just around the block. This is really frustrating. Taking into dealership tomorrow.
That ESS message seems to happen to regular JLs and JKs too. I don't think it's unique to the 4xe. It just seems like wranglers are sensitive to it. Other threads have gone on about fuses but I don't think I've ever seen it come down to anything serious. Mostly is a lose fuse, blown fuse, sensor issue, wheel alignment, new wheels, lift issues, etc.

The electronic stability control warning will also register a CEL for a couple key cycles and then go away.

I had an actual ESC issue because I forgot to turn it off on a sandy trail. It also had a CEL that cleared after a couple cycles. It's rather alarming when it goes off! Everything goes off like fireworks and makes it feel like you are in self destruct mode.

201 - 220 of 249 Posts