Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

221 - 240 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
New member here. Just signed up to report the same sort of issues with my 4xe rubicon. Took my first 2.5hr trip with my family to the cabin and couldn’t start it up the next day. Hybrid system error turned my Jeep into a brick with only 700km on it. I had half a tank of gas and 85% battery at the time... Dealership had to get a hybrid tech guy in to look at it and he couldn’t solve things... they may have to replace the main hybrid battery or wire harness (seems like they don’t know). This my 4th Jeep and the first one I’ve bought brand new. Also the most expensive vehicle I’ve ever owned. Super disappointed.... My faith in this thing is eroding fast.
So sorry to hear that! Did you check your fuses. Try to seat them. Which province?

·
Registered
30 Posts
1800 miles, no big issues until tonight, after plugging it in it charges for about a minute and then stops and reports service charging system 😞.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jeep has been at the dealership for 4 days now. They have no idea what’s wrong yet. Opened a STAR case with Chrysler waiting for engineers to help support. On track for having the Jeep in the dealership longer than actually owning it. Anyone actually getting resolution from dealership service departments for check engine lights?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jeep has been at the dealership for 4 days now. They have no idea what’s wrong yet. Opened a STAR case with Chrysler waiting for engineers to help support. On track for having the Jeep in the dealership longer than actually owning it. Anyone actually getting resolution from dealership service departments for check engine lights?
Took mine to the dealership after it failed to charge on JuiceBox at home that was working, they hooked it up to their Mopar level 2 charger and of course it charged right up, still had CEL though so they pulled the codes below.

Their resident hybrid tech was not in so they want me to bring it back Monday when he’s in. Starting it up to return home CEL is gone and everything appears fine. Hooked it up to JuiceBox when we got home and it’s happily charging, don’t know what to think.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Which lights are you seeing? Mine was Service Charging System. They say they can’t reproduce it and can’t find the problem. Going on 10 days in the shop. First time it was a week. 1100 miles no closer to a resolution.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got the service electronic stability program, parking brake light, and check engine (still waiting for dealership to tell me specific code)

Wasn’t able to charge either, would plug in and it would just blink all 3 colors. Tried multiple outlets with level 1 charger that worked previously for a week straight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been seeing some posts about people having issues with the 4Xe and check engine light going on . Has anyone one here run into that ?
My Wife and kids were driving our 4XE (3 weeks old and 900 miles), luckily only half mile from the house, when they felt a sudden jerk while driving in electric mode (89% battery), then the car died. They were able to restart and drove home with the gas engine, but the check engine light came on. I received an immediate Charge Fault alert on my phone. Car back in our garage and was able to plug in and charging, however engine light remains on. Will be calling dealership shortly.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Took mine to the dealership after it failed to charge on JuiceBox at home that was working, they hooked it up to their Mopar level 2 charger and of course it charged right up, still had CEL though so they pulled the codes below.

View attachment 775

Their resident hybrid tech was not in so they want me to bring it back Monday when he’s in. Starting it up to return home CEL is gone and everything appears fine. Hooked it up to JuiceBox when we got home and it’s happily charging, don’t know what to think.
All that looks like the ECU glitched.

I'd keep an eye on the low voltage battery readings and make sure it's not over or under charging.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Wife and kids were driving our 4XE (3 weeks old and 900 miles), luckily only half mile from the house, when they felt a sudden jerk while driving in electric mode (89% battery), then the car died. They were able to restart and drove home with the gas engine, but the check engine light came on. I received an immediate Charge Fault alert on my phone. Car back in our garage and was able to plug in and charging, however engine light remains on. Will be calling dealership shortly.
UPDATE - Checked fuses, nothing unseated. Decided to pull car out, in hybrid mode, and put top back on.... Cycled the car 2x off and on during that time, and Check Engine light no longer on.... Will continue to monitor the situation and update here as needed. I see a few comments about ECU glitching out...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Which lights are you seeing? Mine was Service Charging System. They say they can’t reproduce it and can’t find the problem. Going on 10 days in the shop. First time it was a week. 1100 miles no closer to a resolution.
Hey, JeanJ42. If you'd like to discuss your concerns further, we are in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine has been at dealership for over six weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got a check engine light came on about 1000 miles with the charge fualt and service hybrid charging system. Along with the back up lines. Took the dealership 5 days to figure it out. They are going replace the hybrid wiring harness, now waiting for the part. The said it's on back order and they are not sure when they are going to get it. The 4xe is a really cool concept but at this point just might ask for the eco diesel if possible. And to top it off they said that they couldn't get me a loner car atm. @JeepCares , CASE # 101921518

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4XE Sahara
5 Posts
Dead again.... waiting on roadside.
Just starting this thread now, but this is discouraging. Dealer is delivering one early next week. It's a 120 mile drive from the dealer to my house, so if anything goes wrong en route, I guess they will make it a priority to fix...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got a check engine light came on about 1000 miles with the charge fualt and service hybrid charging system. Along with the back up lines. Took the dealership 5 days to figure it out. They are going replace the hybrid wiring harness, now waiting for the part. The said it's on back order and they are not sure when they are going to get it. The 4xe is a really cool concept but at this point just might ask for the eco diesel if possible. And to top it off they said that they couldn't get me a loner car atm. @JeepCares , CASE # 101921518
I feel very badly for you. I couldn’t imagine being without a vehicle at all. How did you get a case number? I don’t think I have a case open even though mine has been in the shop six weeks or more

·
Registered
65 Posts
We're certainly sorry to hear of this situation, Jojoalajojo. I would be happy to dig into your case further, however the one you provided is not in our system. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares

221 - 240 of 249 Posts