Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
321 - 340 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
What am I doing with my Jeep? I brought back to dealership and immediately bought back the 2015 tacoma I had traded in. I am so happy to climb into my old car, now Jeep can keep 4xe and not disrupt my life, I don't want a stinky loaner.
I'd say as a consumer you shouldn't be able to do anything that wrong! Did you keep the Jeep and the Tacoma?

Hybrid and electric are nearly the same thing when you have battery reserve. Hybrid will deplete the batter reserve first, just like electric. So that should be okay. It's normal for all PHEVs, not just the 4xe. Most vehicles don't even give the option like Jeep does. But sometimes it seems like the extra choices they give us come back to bite them given the confusion.

Lithium ion batteries charge easiest under 15% and hardest at 95%+. Jeep has normalized 15% to 100% as 0 to 100% and uses that hidden < 15% for hybrid operation.

Watch Wrangler4xeFans youtube videos. He is a member here and explains so many things on his channel.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just got my car back from getting a part replaced and yes, I’m hearing water sloshing around under the back seat. I don’t know what that noise is but it wasn’t there before I brought it to the dealer for service.
There could be air in the battery coolant system that hasn't bleed off or a potential leak. I'd have it checked by the service department.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Broken down right now. Came to a halt at an intersection as I was taking a right. Forward collision avoidance and wouldn’t move.
Pushed it and rolled downhill to a parking lot. Sitting in a space waiting for the tow to the dealer.
Service Charging System is the alternating message, with the red battery light (to the right of the tach) and power plug illuminated.

I was in Electric mode when it all happened. Horrible sounds as everything kind of locked up.

Seems pretty major. 93 miles, bought 3 days ago...
Same exact thing just happened to me but it auto shifted to park.
160 miles

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd say as a consumer you shouldn't be able to do anything that wrong! Did you keep the Jeep and the Tacoma?

Hybrid and electric are nearly the same thing when you have battery reserve. Hybrid will deplete the batter reserve first, just like electric. So that should be okay. It's normal for all PHEVs, not just the 4xe. Most vehicles don't even give the option like Jeep does. But sometimes it seems like the extra choices they give us come back to bite them given the confusion.

Lithium ion batteries charge easiest under 15% and hardest at 95%+. Jeep has normalized 15% to 100% as 0 to 100% and uses that hidden < 15% for hybrid operation.

Watch Wrangler4xeFans youtube videos. He is a member here and explains so many things on his channel.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I figured I did not understand the battery/hybrid system yet.

The check engine light has not been diagnosed yet after 2 days. I will be patient nothing being pushy can do at certain point.

yes I kept both cars, put cash payment down instead of trade in.

If problems persist I would really be ok trading in both for a Gladiator but I do not think Jeep is going to give me that option. Also I am perfectly happy to give this a few months now that I have my Tacoma. Which I should of kept both regardless of 4XE. I work with heavy equipment and cases and don’t want to tear up most expensive thing I’ve bought.

I am not rich, I am 37 single, no kids, my dog is my only dependant. I really wanted to go electric. I agree the 4xe is the future of Jeep power.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just got my car back from getting a part replaced and yes, I’m hearing water sloshing around under the back seat. I don’t know what that noise is but it wasn’t there before I brought it to the dealer for service.
Sorry for my delay here, Nicedrms52. If you plan to bring the Jeep back to the dealer and need assistance from us, please reach out!

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry for my delay here, Nicedrms52. If you plan to bring the Jeep back to the dealer and need assistance from us, please reach out!

Kate
Jeep Cares
The water noise is no longer heard. My car is working just fine with no problems. Thank you JeepCares for all of your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got my Jeep back

something called the “waste gate harness” was pinched and replaced.

The scanner code from the computer scanner was p2ab8

I found more loose fuses after a very complete look, I highly advice everyone follow this advice. They snap easy you don’t have to put a lot of pressure and can feel wiggle on loose ones.

hopefully this is solution I completely charge tonight and drive tomorrow to gas then do the same every day next week.

So good news, someone at Jeep is communicating the known issues of the 4xe to repair Dept. Seems they have discovered a hitch in the installation process that makes these fragile cables vulnerable to damage. I’m sure the next revision with have a plastic guard or something in the danger points.

And to answer the question has anyone had their electric gremlins fixed? Hopefully yes, I will test and update.

I didn’t have the dreaded turn off so grateful the car worked even with bad parts.

depleting the battery and driving to gas switch then charging to full, several days, is good test of the complete system and what is going to build my confidence it is all working.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The water noise is no longer heard. My car is working just fine with no problems. Thank you JeepCares for all of your help!
Glad to hear it! Have a great weekend.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Rubicon and it started 7/29/21 at 1650 miles as a random fault that occured only while I was driving and not while I was charging, the check engine light also came on. Note, all fuses were tight. The falt came on and off randomly and the jeep would not charge while the fault was occuring. I felt fortunate that I was still able to drive my jeep and that it did not shutdown while driving. The first trip for service they checked everything, reset the check engine light and sent me on my way. It occured again after two days and I took it back for service and left it with them. They did a much more in depth process of troubleshooting and said a wiring harnesses needs to be replaced. They did not tell me which harness needs to be replaced but they did give me a ship date of August 12th. I would like to say that this is not a complant. I was one of the first to order a 4xe from my dealer and I look for any excuse to drive it. I knew there could be some problems because of the new technology and I was willing to take that chance. I can't say its not frustrating but if they get it fixed properly I will be happy to get it back and hopefully not have any more problems. I do however sympathize with those who had bigger problems than me.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone have experience with any of these error codes? 🥴🥴🥴

B143B-12 ANC Microphone 1 - circuit short to battery
B143C-12 ANC Microphone 2 - circuit short to battery
B143E-12 ANC Microphone 3 - circuit short to battery
B22A9-00 ECU internal performance
C2226-00 TCM disabled - ECU
B22A9-16 ECU internal performance circuit voltage below threshold

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had the check engine light come on. Took it in and they said it was related to battery overload. They checked everything and then reset the check engine light. Problem is the mileage I am getting on the battery has been cut in 1/2. About 3k miles on it total. Trying to get it back in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Rubicon and it started 7/29/21 at 1650 miles as a random fault that occured only while I was driving and not while I was charging, the check engine light also came on. Note, all fuses were tight. The falt came on and off randomly and the jeep would not charge while the fault was occuring. I felt fortunate that I was still able to drive my jeep and that it did not shutdown while driving. The first trip for service they checked everything, reset the check engine light and sent me on my way. It occured again after two days and I took it back for service and left it with them. They did a much more in depth process of troubleshooting and said a wiring harnesses needs to be replaced. They did not tell me which harness needs to be replaced but they did give me a ship date of August 12th. I would like to say that this is not a complant. I was one of the first to order a 4xe from my dealer and I look for any excuse to drive it. I knew there could be some problems because of the new technology and I was willing to take that chance. I can't say its not frustrating but if they get it fixed properly I will be happy to get it back and hopefully not have any more problems. I do however sympathize with those who had bigger problems than me.

Update. If anyone is interested I picked up my 4xe today. So far so good. They recieved and replaced the charge port wiring harness. See attached for the part number. Also note the tech found an active code, POD57-00 internal short, when I took it in for the service. I am great full to the service department at my dealership. I know Intermittent problems are hard to solve. They also told me that they send the faulty cable back for annalisiss.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am almost 1000 miles in, going through battery about once a day. No more issues with battery power.

what would I tell new buyers:

1. check fuses -eliminate this being the issue.
2. If you have the damaged battery harness issue you can figure out quick, run through battery and see how she goes from hybrid to gas. Then charge. Don’t go on busy highway to do this test.
3. If you have any issues related to battery, charging, check engine. Go to dealer and contact Jeep Cares. I believe Jeep is well aware of issues now and will ship quickly parts to new buyers, mine was back out in 3 days.
4. Always seal gas cap, It’s easy to screw it on not correct. This will trigger check engine light.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am almost 1000 miles in, going through battery about once a day. No more issues with battery power.

what would I tell new buyers:

1. check fuses -eliminate this being the issue.
2. If you have the damaged battery harness issue you can figure out quick, run through battery and see how she goes from hybrid to gas. Then charge. Don’t go on busy highway to do this test.
3. If you have any issues related to battery, charging, check engine. Go to dealer and contact Jeep Cares. I believe Jeep is well aware of issues now and will ship quickly parts to new buyers, mine was back out in 3 days.
4. Always seal gas cap, It’s easy to screw it on not correct. This will trigger check engine light.
Nice post 👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Long time listener, first time poster. I freakin love my 4xe, but I’ve lost trust in it.
I bought it 4/14/21 and drove it 2.5 months and 3100 miles with zero issues. On 7/7/21 I got a CEL. It lost the electric drivetrain, but it would run in gas mode. It said it had a charging system error. It idled at 1500rpm, a little high. It would only start about 1/10 times that I tried using the push button start.
The local Jeep dealer has had it for 7 weeks.
they said the PCM was bad and we waited a couple weeks for the part. Once it was replaced, the dealership said it got fried when writing the calibration, which is a 4 hour process. The Jeep is now on its 3rd PCM, and the calibration software is finally loaded.
Now it has fried its power inverter, and I’m waiting on that part.

Dealer gave me a low buck loaner, which I happy about. JeepCare has a case # for me. Apparently JeepCare has literally screamed at the dealership to get thier $h!t together and fix it.
I am a bit upset with the engineering failures on my 4xe. Toyota got the whole hybrid thing squared away 20 years ago.
I’m very very disappointed in the incompetence of RIVERSIDE JEEP IN NEW BERN NC. Their service department is not qualified to work on this thing.
i kinda wish they would admit defeat and just own the fact they are only capable of working on carbureted pickup trucks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was told by service department that the person who would work on my 4XE had to take special class to be able to work on them, So some dealerships might only have 1 or 2. I would also suggest trying new dealership before giving up on the car.

Next year when the 2-door and Gladiator go 4XE the service department will grow I’m sure with the people who are competently certified.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Long time listener, first time poster. I freakin love my 4xe, but I’ve lost trust in it.
I bought it 4/14/21 and drove it 2.5 months and 3100 miles with zero issues. On 7/7/21 I got a CEL. It lost the electric drivetrain, but it would run in gas mode. It said it had a charging system error. It idled at 1500rpm, a little high. It would only start about 1/10 times that I tried using the push button start.
The local Jeep dealer has had it for 7 weeks.
they said the PCM was bad and we waited a couple weeks for the part. Once it was replaced, the dealership said it got fried when writing the calibration, which is a 4 hour process. The Jeep is now on its 3rd PCM, and the calibration software is finally loaded.
Now it has fried its power inverter, and I’m waiting on that part.

Dealer gave me a low buck loaner, which I happy about. JeepCare has a case # for me. Apparently JeepCare has literally screamed at the dealership to get thier $h!t together and fix it.
I am a bit upset with the engineering failures on my 4xe. Toyota got the whole hybrid thing squared away 20 years ago.
I’m very very disappointed in the incompetence of RIVERSIDE JEEP IN NEW BERN NC. Their service department is not qualified to work on this thing.
i kinda wish they would admit defeat and just own the fact they are only capable of working on carbureted pickup trucks.
Lemon it. In NC if it sits at dealer for more than 20 days or 3 to 4 attempts to fix same issue, you can lemon it. I am in same boat. Mine is going on week 3 and may have to lemon it. I don't think Jeep knows how to fix it at this time. Know your rights, NC does a great job of protecting its consumers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lemon it. In NC if it sits at dealer for more than 20 days or 3 to 4 attempts to fix same issue, you can lemon it. I am in same boat. Mine is going on week 3 and may have to lemon it. I don't think Jeep knows how to fix it at this time. Know your rights, NC does a great job of protecting its consumers.
sweet, thanks for the reply.
I contacted N
Sweet thanks. I contacted the NCDS for a buyback arbitration. They have approved my request and are investigating at this time.
The dealer and Jeep care have both requested that the part I need be expedited. The vehicle supposedly needs a power inverter module, or PIM. FCA is not honoring the request to expedite the part. They have given an ETA of 1-2 weeks. Maybe longer.

321 - 340 of 369 Posts