Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow sorry to see this, hope this gets worked out for you. They should just replace the Jeep at this point .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Spoke with FCA today, they are working on it, problem is we are the first to have this problem. Lucky they put me in a super rad compass.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good luck. I had a first time failure once and it took about 6 weeks to get worked out. They had to get the engineers that designed it to review the issue and come up with a repair plan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spoke with FCA today, they are working on it, problem is we are the first to have this problem. Lucky they put me in a super rad compass.
Get in line baby. You're second :) And my local shop put me in a sweet Cherokee. Because it's the same, right?

·
Registered
21 Posts
So new today from the dealership is looking like replacing the complete wiring harness. Ship date May 22, so the first my wife will not get to enjoy her can till June I am guessing. Our brand new Jeep now gets to sit outside getting the shit beat out of it by the sun and no care being done to it. Total bullshit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been seeing some posts about people having issues with the 4Xe and check engine light going on . Has anyone one here run into that ?
Hi! Had the exact same problem in April 11th with 2 days of use and only 165 miles. 2 weeks have past and dealer service department has not identified the numerous issues nor provided an ETA to return the vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I called the dealership today and said find me a new one.... crickets
The new one will have the same issue, I’d wager. They have something systemic going on; that’s what happens when these things hit the real world and the use case expands beyond their testing with QR Code paint jobs.

I’m patiently/not so patiently figuring out what I’m going to do. I mean, I have a car because they loaned me one so I’m not out, but there were some near term trips I was planning.

My wife, however, wants me to unleash my old school soccer fan howling at the center ref rage crazy. He’s in the back pocket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been seeing some posts about people having issues with the 4Xe and check engine light going on . Has anyone one here run into that ?
My Check Engine light comes on as well. I have a Charge Point Charger and I have to push the thumb lock up pretty hard to lock it into place to begin charging, it doesn’t automatically latch when I put it in (like my precious EV). When I have these charging problems at home, the check engine light comes on. I don’t know if that is the common denominator or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep - New 4xe lasted exactly 5 days after being picked up to heading into service (delivered on 4/16). It has been at Jeep service since last Thursday (4/22), with no resolution in sight. Was told a "Jeep engineer" (I use that term lightly) is coming to look at it but that probably won't happen until next week. So the car was in my possession from 5 days and 139 miles in total, will have been in service for 11 days on Monday.

Same engine light issue as others mentioned in this thread - with a twist. Started on 4/17 when attempting to get UConnect and XM Guardian set up...pushed the Assist button, went through the setup, was told UConnect would work within 24 hours. By Tuesday, 4/20, UConnect was still not working, well, the remote functions worked but car info was still not working. Called XM Guardian again, was told to push the SOS button to complete setup and make a test call. Call doesn't go through...Guardian can't figure it out and said they'll put in a ticket to resolve. Shut off the car for the night, lock the doors, but the LCD touchscreen is still on and playing music, but the doors are locked, not in accessory mode, not in run mode. Unlock, relock, change to acc/run, relock, get in a drive a few blocks, park, lock, still on. By 4/21 the battery died and it appeared the UConnect system had restarted...but now the check engine light comes on w/the turtle icon. Dealer said to bring it in they likely just need to reset the UConnect system - that was 8 days ago.

I now 100% regret buying another one of these. I still have a 2018 JLU Rubicon and I've had no issues in the 3 years I've owned it. Not sure why I thought trusting Jeep/FCA engineering on a new hybrid car would be a good idea, but here we are...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Per FCA Franc today, my Jeep will be back ASAP, tech from Oregon flying down to oversee the installation of the wiring harness. I am trying to be half full.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cool, I got a rental car minivan! Nothing like dropping $64k on a new Jeep to drive a minivan in its place. No offense to minivan drivers, but it is not my jam.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Everyone has me worried now. But it's usually been my theory that new vehicles fail right away if anything is going to go wrong.

I have a suspicion we are seeing manufacturing issues as the engineering has been well tested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Day 2 (yesterday) had check engine for low reservoir which was quickly proceed by an overheat. Service is looking for the coolant leak today.
Day 2 (yesterday) had check engine for low reservoir which was quickly proceed by an overheat. Service is looking for the coolant leak today.
We didn’t even have ours 48 hours before we had to return it due to a visible coolant leak. We’re also getting terrible MPG (14.5-16). We were told they can’t get parts and we will get an update when there is something to update. Jeep Cares reached out on a different forum post. Idk if they will help expedite.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Everyone has me worried now. But it's usually been my theory that new vehicles fail right away if anything is going to go wrong.

I have a suspicion we are seeing manufacturing issues as the engineering has been well tested.
True, a newer cars tend to have more issues. But I’ve purchased BMWs where I was one the of the first to take delivery, including A 600+ HP X5M, where I had no issues through many years of ownership.

This Jeep issue, unfortunately, seems like a serious engineering flaw in the battery/drivetrain and software.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts