Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 4xe
1 Posts
It would be great if you could post the check engine light trouble codes to tell if there is a common market problem developing or various different causes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Broken down right now. Came to a halt at an intersection as I was taking a right. Forward collision avoidance and wouldn’t move.
Pushed it and rolled downhill to a parking lot. Sitting in a space waiting for the tow to the dealer.
Service Charging System is the alternating message, with the red battery light (to the right of the tach) and power plug illuminated.

I was in Electric mode when it all happened. Horrible sounds as everything kind of locked up.

Seems pretty major. 93 miles, bought 3 days ago...
Sheesh, I'm at 70 miles and two days in. Only issue was a weird nosie when my soon pushed the shifter into manual while driving. Android car play or Radio doesn't play through all speakers this morning. Gonna check it out again after the baber shop.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sheesh, I'm at 70 miles and two days in. Only issue was a weird nosie when my soon pushed the shifter into manual while driving. Android car play or Radio doesn't play through all speakers this morning. Gonna check it out again after the baber shop.
Audio is working again👍🏾

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi! Had the exact same problem in April 11th with 2 days of use and only 165 miles. 2 weeks have past and dealer service department has not identified the numerous issues nor provided an ETA to return the vehicle.
My Check Engine light comes on as well. I have a Charge Point Charger and I have to push the thumb lock up pretty hard to lock it into place to begin charging, it doesn’t automatically latch when I put it in (like my precious EV). When I have these charging problems at home, the check engine light comes on. I don’t know if that is the common denominator or not.
Hi @Luereis85 and @Nasdaq3000,

We would like to assist while your vehicles are in service. Please follow up with us through private messages with your VINs and contact information to get started.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a 4xe on Friday 4/9, and after driving it about 20 miles, the check engine light came on 4/12. It’s been at the dealership since 4/12. They originally told us it was a battery coolant hose, so after not being able to get a new hose right away they took a hose out of another 4xe that was on the lot. That didn’t fix anything. They finally called us last night (5/4) after 23 days of having the Jeep in the service department, and told us they found the issue. Said it was a faulty ground wire that was causing the light to come on. They drove it about 40-50 miles after changing out the ground wire, and everything seemed fine, no more check engine light. We picked it last night, and drove straight home (4 miles). Wife got in it first thing this morning, and drove about 100yds, and the check engine light came back on. It’s now back at the dealership. We were told that Jeep engineers were coming out either tomorrow or Friday to work on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bought a 4xe on Friday 4/9, and after driving it about 20 miles, the check engine light came on 4/12. It’s been at the dealership since 4/12. They originally told us it was a battery coolant hose, so after not being able to get a new hose right away they took a hose out of another 4xe that was on the lot. That didn’t fix anything. They finally called us last night (5/4) after 23 days of having the Jeep in the service department, and told us they found the issue. Said it was a faulty ground wire that was causing the light to come on. They drove it about 40-50 miles after changing out the ground wire, and everything seemed fine, no more check engine light. We picked it last night, and drove straight home (4 miles). Wife got in it first thing this morning, and drove about 100yds, and the check engine light came back on. It’s now back at the dealership. We were told that Jeep engineers were coming out either tomorrow or Friday to work on it.
Just make sure your tracking all contact to cover your bases. We just finished our 14th day in the shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
They drove it about 40-50 miles after changing out the ground wire,
Uh, they probably wheeled it 40-50 miles:cool:
We were told that Jeep engineers were coming out either tomorrow or Friday to work on it.
"The engineers are coming! The engineers are coming!"
I feel badly for all you early adopters. There's no excuse for this unless you bought it for 15 grand. I'm guessing Jeep is going to need to recall so many units that production will cease until they redesign the entire computer/electronic/mechanical interface. Moreover, to think these haven't even been exposed to trail use. This whole scene is so Boeing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We didn’t even have ours 48 hours before we had to return it due to a visible coolant leak. We’re also getting terrible MPG (14.5-16). We were told they can’t get parts and we will get an update when there is something to update. Jeep Cares reached out on a different forum post. Idk if they will help expedite.
We have a ticket number with Jeep Cares but no update yet. We called our dealer again Tuesday of this week and they have no updated estimate on when the part will be available.

·
Registered
21 Posts
New update, service called me today... update instead of pickup late May now it mid June. Don’t worry sir we will cover your payments.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New update, service called me today... update instead of pickup late May now it mid June. Don’t worry sir we will cover your payments.
WOW WOW WOW... Crazy... I'm in the process of leasing one and then I get to drive it back thru Canada into Alaska where I live. You are living my nightmare.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts