Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

Issues with new 4XE

101K views 391 replies 125 participants last post by  Monkee Gumball 
#1 ·
I've been seeing some posts about people having issues with the 4Xe and check engine light going on . Has anyone one here run into that ?

#2 ·
I haven't had a check engine light come on yet, but I did have one experience where the battery was depleted and the vehicle kept switching between the battery and gas every 15 seconds or so, then we suffered a terrible lurch that felt like the drivetrain dropped into 1st gear or something. Shut off the vehicle and turned it back on and haven't experienced anything like that since.

#391 ·
I own one and a check engine light came on along with another light that looks like a turtle, 5 minute later the entire car shutdown. I was driving on the freeway so I was not able to move it anywhere till l I got it town to the dealership were I got it. They said it was an issue with the computer etc and that I should not have an issue again. Well it happen to me again a few days ago, luckily I was able to make it home, I called jeep and now I have an open claim.

#9 ·
Broken down right now. Came to a halt at an intersection as I was taking a right. Forward collision avoidance and wouldn’t move.
Pushed it and rolled downhill to a parking lot. Sitting in a space waiting for the tow to the dealer.
Service Charging System is the alternating message, with the red battery light (to the right of the tach) and power plug illuminated.

I was in Electric mode when it all happened. Horrible sounds as everything kind of locked up.

Seems pretty major. 93 miles, bought 3 days ago...

#10 ·
Hi @Kevern,

Please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer. We want to ensure that you have support while your Jeep is at the dealer.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

#13 ·
Picked up last night, the dealer had to jump it for whatever reason. Drove home 60 miles, once we shut it off it would start. So jumped it got it into the garage and put it on the charger for the night. I also hooked up the 110 chargers in the dash said system error or something like that. Got it started this morning and took it to the dealer. Still waiting to here back.

#17 ·
We are sorry to learn of this experience with your brand new 4xe. Please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can look into this further for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Reactions: YN4xe and Venjack
#389 ·
#28 ·
So new today from the dealership is looking like replacing the complete wiring harness. Ship date May 22, so the first my wife will not get to enjoy her can till June I am guessing. Our brand new Jeep now gets to sit outside getting the shit beat out of it by the sun and no care being done to it. Total bullshit.

#49 ·
My Check Engine light comes on as well. I have a Charge Point Charger and I have to push the thumb lock up pretty hard to lock it into place to begin charging, it doesn’t automatically latch when I put it in (like my precious EV). When I have these charging problems at home, the check engine light comes on. I don’t know if that is the common denominator or not.
Hi @Luereis85 and @Nasdaq3000,

We would like to assist while your vehicles are in service. Please follow up with us through private messages with your VINs and contact information to get started.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

#31 ·
The new one will have the same issue, I’d wager. They have something systemic going on; that’s what happens when these things hit the real world and the use case expands beyond their testing with QR Code paint jobs.

I’m patiently/not so patiently figuring out what I’m going to do. I mean, I have a car because they loaned me one so I’m not out, but there were some near term trips I was planning.

My wife, however, wants me to unleash my old school soccer fan howling at the center ref rage crazy. He’s in the back pocket.

#32 ·
My Check Engine light comes on as well. I have a Charge Point Charger and I have to push the thumb lock up pretty hard to lock it into place to begin charging, it doesn’t automatically latch when I put it in (like my precious EV). When I have these charging problems at home, the check engine light comes on. I don’t know if that is the common denominator or not.

#34 ·
Yep - New 4xe lasted exactly 5 days after being picked up to heading into service (delivered on 4/16). It has been at Jeep service since last Thursday (4/22), with no resolution in sight. Was told a "Jeep engineer" (I use that term lightly) is coming to look at it but that probably won't happen until next week. So the car was in my possession from 5 days and 139 miles in total, will have been in service for 11 days on Monday.

Same engine light issue as others mentioned in this thread - with a twist. Started on 4/17 when attempting to get UConnect and XM Guardian set up...pushed the Assist button, went through the setup, was told UConnect would work within 24 hours. By Tuesday, 4/20, UConnect was still not working, well, the remote functions worked but car info was still not working. Called XM Guardian again, was told to push the SOS button to complete setup and make a test call. Call doesn't go through...Guardian can't figure it out and said they'll put in a ticket to resolve. Shut off the car for the night, lock the doors, but the LCD touchscreen is still on and playing music, but the doors are locked, not in accessory mode, not in run mode. Unlock, relock, change to acc/run, relock, get in a drive a few blocks, park, lock, still on. By 4/21 the battery died and it appeared the UConnect system had restarted...but now the check engine light comes on w/the turtle icon. Dealer said to bring it in they likely just need to reset the UConnect system - that was 8 days ago.

I now 100% regret buying another one of these. I still have a 2018 JLU Rubicon and I've had no issues in the 3 years I've owned it. Not sure why I thought trusting Jeep/FCA engineering on a new hybrid car would be a good idea, but here we are...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.