Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like it seems to be alot of issues with the 4xe Rubicon and its real, 2 friends of mines who got their jeeps recently one is a high altitude , and the other is the Rubicon
And the Rubicon has to go to dealer in less than a week!

Has anybody who has the Sahara or High altitude has had issues as well?
Or is this a Rubicon issue,?

·
Registered
480 Posts
@mrrap4food i don’t think the issues reported are linked to any one trim level. In fact, there is another thread where someone states they believe it is the non rubicon units having the issues. I have a rubicon and haven’t had any issues but I’ll let others chime in with their specific issues and the trim level they have.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@mrrap4food i don’t think the issues reported are linked to any one trim level. In fact, there is another thread where someone states they believe it is the non rubicon units having the issues. I have a rubicon and haven’t had any issues but I’ll let others chime in with their specific issues and the trim level they have.
Pretty sure it doesn't matter but out of curiosity did you get all those little bells and whistles like cold package etc

·
Registered
42 Posts
Every time I see a post like this on the forum or some FB group, I’m hesitant to respond as I don’t want karma to wake up and bite me. All I will say is My HA 4xe continues to reward me for the purchase.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Every time I see a post like this on the forum or some FB group, I’m hesitant to respond as I don’t want karma to wake up and bite me. All I will say is My HA 4xe continues to reward me for the purchase.
I see you have a high altitude!
Nice! On another subject
I see your wife has the Genesis g70 how does she like that, i swear i was thinking about buying that

·
Registered
480 Posts
Sahara here, 2 CELs for the gas cap, which is probably the best problem to have if you‘re going to have a problem.
Agreed, such a relief when it is something like the gas cap. Had this issue with my JK several times.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I see you have a high altitude!
Nice! On another subject
I see your wife has the Genesis g70 how does she like that, i swear i was thinking about buying that
She loves it. Was looking at the previous version and kept holding back from pulling the trigger as she wasn’t entirely sold on the refreshed look. Until she saw it in person. The new exterior along with updated infotainment is massive.

Of course, she still loves driving the Wrangler…topless.

Reactions: Kenji

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
She loves it. Was looking at the previous version and kept holding back from pulling the trigger as she wasn’t entirely sold on the refreshed look. Until she saw it in person. The new exterior along with updated infotainment is massive.

Of course, she still loves driving the Wrangler…topless.
You mean…She still loves driving the topless Wrangler.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Seems like it seems to be alot of issues with the 4xe Rubicon and its real, 2 friends of mines who got their jeeps recently one is a high altitude , and the other is the Rubicon
And the Rubicon has to go to dealer in less than a week!

Has anybody who has the Sahara or High altitude has had issues as well?
Or is this a Rubicon issue,?
Outside of some gearing they are mostly identical, especially in the 4xe variant.

In my opinion it's two primary issues
  1. Manufacturing Quality Control (bent electrical pins, sliced high voltage cables, cooling hoses not attached properly, bolts only hand tightened).
  2. Software that shuts the jeep off on the highway. (Possibly caused by #1)
In the 4xe you automatically get a charging system error if #2 happens when the real issue was likely something upstream. IMHO, this is causing unnecessary worry about the high voltage side.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Edited previous post that as of this afternoon, the passenger side rear seat can no longer fold down. There are two cables in the release mechanism. One for the head rest and one for the seat back lock. The right cable is loose and nothing will release. Dealer ordering parts.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sahara HA every option no issues since mysterious dead 12v starter battery one week after owning in April. Since then it has been golden. Rarely the transmission shifts abruptly (a kick) while transitioning from braking to acceleration. With AC off and reasonable driving I get about 30 miles range on electric only, so exceeds my expectations there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Holy smokes Batman, that would be awesome! How are you measuring that? Are you specifically using a trip odometer or seeing it in the the end of drive notification when you shut the vehicle off? Are you in a hilly area or flat?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts