Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i'm start from stop and turn a little bit I hear some clicking noise look like relay or something im my front left wheel! I will try to film the sound this weekend.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Will tell you June 2nd. Mine is horribly loud and it is going in for it amongst other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
10 Posts
When i'm start from stop and turn a little bit I hear some clicking noise look like relay or something im my front left wheel! I will try to film the sound this weekend.
I can hear the same clicking sound coming from the same location as you…Must be normal!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it is the same noise I am hearing there is no way it is normal.

Wow, sorry to hear that...definitely get it looked at. Ill see if I can get a recording as of mine making the clicking sound, but the sound is not loud.

What I hear is pretty much what the OP describes. I hear 2 distinct clicks, and only when I'm leaving my work's parking garage and have the driver's window down (sound seems to come from the left front wheel well, tho this could just be b/c my driver window is the only window down). I always hear the clicks after the same instances - when I've just got done braking and am turning a corner. Doesn't sound like a bad/something is effed up sound, rather its like some sort of electrical switch/relay.

My guess is something involving the RenGen braking...buts complete speculation on my part.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that...definitely get it looked at. Ill see if I can get a recording as of mine making the clicking sound, but the sound is not loud.

What I hear is pretty much what the OP describes. I hear 2 distinct clicks, and only when I'm leaving my work's parking garage and have the driver's window down (sound seems to come from the left front wheel well, tho this could just be b/c my driver window is the only window down). I always hear the clicks after the same instances - when I've just got done braking and am turning a corner. Doesn't sound like a bad/something is effed up sound, rather its like some sort of electrical switch/relay.

My guess is something involving the RenGen braking...buts complete speculation on my part.
I will try to record mine tomorrow and post.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it is the same noise I am hearing there is no way it is normal.

I'm at the dealer right now and said to me isn't normal. So a tech are looking at the problem right now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm at the dealer right now and said to me isn't normal. So a tech are looking at the problem right now.
Apparently you cannot attach videos here.

Safe to say a retired NFL lineman’s knees make less and quieter noises than this thing.

Be interested to say what they find on yours.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Final diagnostic:
Ball joint

The dealer do the job next morning!
Very happy to travel with a beautiful and confortable Fwd Patriot :ROFLMAO:
Miss my 4XE

·
Registered
50 Posts
Final diagnostic:
Ball joint

Miss my 4XE
Excellent. I will call my dealer and ask them to preorder as a preventative as I am an hour away. Maybe they will??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Final diagnostic:
Ball joint

Miss my 4XE
Got put in an purple 300 for the day.

Both of the castle nuts that hold the lower ball joints in were loose. The drivers side that was popping wasn’t even finger tight. The passenger side was snug at best.

Guess I should be glad that they didn’t come off completely. That would have been ugly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just went this morning to dealer , 2 hours waiting they told me they heard noise and tightened everything up, we took test drive and no click now ….just wondering how can I tell if they really did do all that besides the noise being gone?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just went this morning to dealer , 2 hours waiting they told me they heard noise and tightened everything up, we took test drive and no click now ….just wondering how can I tell if they really did do all that besides the noise being gone?
Mine was really obvious. Like I am shocked it didn’t bugger up the threads on the ball joint. But they said no.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same click coming from mine I just assumed this was normal. If I'm reading correctly it could be a bad ball joint on a car that has only 500 miles on it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the same click coming from mine I just assumed this was normal. If I'm reading correctly it could be a bad ball joint on a car that has only 500 miles on it?
Not fully tight. I think it is supposed to be 70lbs of torque on the lower ball joint nuts. Mine were “finger tight”

·
Registered
228 Posts
How is that possible? I know "how" it's possible but it's 2021.

We might be better off if these are getting assembled in Mexico. I'm not knocking Mexico, they've invested in QC for their auto plants.

People have found loose grounding wires, improperly fitted cooling hoses, a report today of modules not being programmed, now major suspension components not being tightened.

Who would expect to be looking out for ball joint issue on something not even a month old.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How is that possible? I know "how" it's possible but it's 2021.

We might be better off if these are getting assembled in Mexico. I'm not knocking Mexico, they've invested in QC for their auto plants.

People have found loose grounding wires, improperly fitted cooling hoses, a report today of modules not being programmed, now major suspension components not being tightened.

Who would expect to be looking out for ball joint issue on something not even a month old.
Good question. Seems pretty basic to tighten the ball joints.

I initially thought it was a cv joint click and told myself, maybe a supplier issue, no big deal.

But if this would have backed out all the way this would have been a big problem as I do mostly highway driving.

·
Registered
228 Posts
From what I've seen, usually there is some sort of pneumatic device that attaches up to these assemblies and tightens up groups of bolts.

People make mistakes, that's to be expected. But I'm not sure why these things aren't being caught by quality control processes.

The engineer in me is thinking, there could be a software check to know vehicle XYZ just passed by and the required torque specs were not registered.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts