Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Found this

PCM is locked, unless they are using a Chrysler Witech nothing is getting changed. Like i've said all along without unlocking the PCM and tuning properly gains will not be much or at all. Perfect example of this would be this guy that spent thousands.....for virtually no gain.

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
1,218 Posts
Seems odd that their numbers are so round... Exactly 40 more HP and 60 newton meters? And i didn't see any graphs or proof. Although, admittedly, i didn't look very hard. And it just happens to be on sale... Seems like snake oil at first blush.

Found this

·
Registered
4 Posts
PCM is locked, unless they are using a Chrysler Witech nothing is getting changed. Like i've said all along without unlocking the PCM and tuning properly gains will not be much or at all. Perfect example of this would be this guy that spent thousands.....for virtually no gain.

Im very familiar with tuning, torque management, etc. Had to deal with it years ago on my GTR and corvette…

I’m just hoping someone comes up with something. The fact Jeep already did a SRT tune on the 2.0 and got something like 340hp outs it, tells us that the pot is there..

hell I’ll just be happy with the basic 3. Tune, down pipe and CAI. or even e85 tune..

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well if it was years ago and a GTR it wasn't a GPEC PCM, Chrysler torque management is something else and depending on the model of vehicle they sometimes limit engine power below what the engine can actually make (in the case of the Cherokee KL and Chrysler 200 Pentastar powered ones).

Hp Tuners does support the 2.0 Wrangler (not 4xe) so that model is able to be tuned.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Came across this thread and thought it was interesting.....

Pretty much goes to show the limitations of a piggyback tuner on the JL platform, and again the throttle pulling and bucking issue is exactly what I ran in to at the track.......which can't be solved with a piggyback tuner.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts