Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

Jeep Wrangler 4xe | Frequently Asked Question

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  JeepFan 
#1 ·
Your questions, answered. Learn more about the Jeep Wrangler 4xe and how it opens up a new future of fun.

What is a PHEV?
A PHEV is a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle. Plug-in electric hybrids have a gas engine and an electric motor powered by a battery that can be charged by plugging it in. Plug-in hybrid innovation gives the Wrangler 4xe all-electric range as well as instant availability of torque for maximum off-road and on-road performance.

What Jeep® Brand models will be 4xe?
By 2025 the Jeep® Brand plans to offer 4xe plug-in hybrid technology on all models, ushering in a new era of efficiency and capability.

Does the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe come in a hybrid?
Yes. The Wrangler 4xe is a PHEV, which is a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle with a powerful electric motor and a gas engine. Wrangler 4xe plug-in hybrid technology gives you the confidence and freedom to take every adventure to new places. A manufacturer’s estimated all-electric driving range of 25 miles( Disclosure4) means you can charge up overnight or at public charging stations and get around town solely on electric power, while a combined electric and gas manufacturer’s estimated total driving range of 400 miles( Disclosure3) opens up whole new possibilities for exploring off-road.

How does PHEV work?
A PHEV SUV combines a gas engine and an electric motor powered by a battery that can be recharged by plugging it in. With a plug-in hybrid vehicle, you can drive using all-electric power, the gas engine or a combination of both. PHEV technology gives the Wrangler 4xe a boost in torque and traction, while E-Selec driving modes enable you to optimize performance on every ride.

When will the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe be released?
The Wrangler 4xe will be released towards the end of 2020. Sign up for updates to find out when it’s available near you.

What is the engine size of the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe?
The Wrangler 4xe has a 2.0L I4 DOHC direct-injection Turbo PHEV engine that delivers an impressive 375 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque, making it a powerful PHEV that brings out the best in already proven Jeep® Brand capability.

How do you charge the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe?
You can charge the Wrangler 4xe with an in-home charger or at public charging stations. Public charging stations also help make charging simple and convenient and can be found near places like shopping centers, hotels, government offices and other businesses.

Can I charge the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe through a regular outlet in my home?
The Wrangler 4xe includes a Level I (120-volt) charging cable and can be charged using a regular home outlet.

Will my Jeep® Wrangler 4xe keep working if I run out of charge?
Absolutely! The Wrangler 4xe is a PHEV that combines a powerful electric motor with a gas engine, which means that even when the Wrangler 4xe isn’t charged, you can still drive using the gas engine.

How does the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe know to use the gas or electricity?
The Wrangler 4xe has E-Selec driving modes that enable you to decide whether to use electricity, gas or a combination of the two. Electric Mode uses only battery power for low-emissions zones in cities or quiet off-roading with maximum torque and horsepower, while eSave Mode reserves battery power for later. Hybrid Mode gives you the best of both worlds.

Do I need to charge the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe every night?
How often you charge the Wrangler 4xe depends on how many miles you choose to drive using electric power. Because the Wrangler 4xe has a manufacturer’s estimated total driving range of 400 miles( Disclosure3), you’ll find you can take on all kinds of adventures without the need to charge every night. But in-home charging is so convenient that you may also find it’s just as easy to charge up every night and begin the next day fully ready for adventure.

Is the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe hybrid worth it?
With the combination of an all-electric and gas driving range, the Wrangler 4xe powers plenty of adventure. Take off-road exploration to new places or get around town on all-electric power. The Wrangler 4xe makes it possible.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.