Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve had a very similar experience. Check engine light came on 2 months ago. Took me 2 weeks to get an appointment at the dealership, and they’ve now had it for 6 weeks.

They can’t seem to diagnose what’s wrong with it so there’s been no progress on a fix.

1 year old, less than 7k miles and frankly no one seems to care. They offered me $35 a day for a rental and the cheapest here is almost double that so I’d be losing more money if I got one.

Exploring options to take legal action and get out of my lease. Jeep has been worse than useless.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OVERHEATING:
I have a 2022 Rubicon 4XE
We went off road yesterday and while in both 4HIGH and 4LOW (where I started when climbing) I got a warning that the transmission was overheated step on break or go over 5MPH
Neither of the two worked. I tried switching to eSave. Hybrid. And electric and nothing helped.
My Jeep wouldn’t move!! At one point it wouldn’t even go into drive. It kept shutting off on me.
Soon as I went back to 2 wheel it went away…
Sucks. I had the rear end replaced at 300 miles (this problem was there when I bought off showroom floor)
devastating to read all the stories!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe in the shop for three weeks going on four!!! That is ridiculous for a brand new vehicle - and not cheap at that! I’m making a monthly payment on the vehicle and I can’t even drive it!! This is the third Jeep Wrangler I have owned but might be the last due to terrible service!!
Lengthy service is an issue for all brands these days. But I think what causes the bad perception is the lack of communication many service departments in this brand seem to have.

I was 3 weeks in without hearing a word back, no calls returned, phones not answered etc., so that I had to get my own rental out of pocket.

If they had been proactive in getting me alternate transportation and provided some communication, even if it was a simple, "we don't have and eta by text message" I would have been happy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe in the shop for three weeks going on four!!! That is ridiculous for a brand new vehicle - and not cheap at that! I’m making a monthly payment on the vehicle and I can’t even drive it!! This is the third Jeep Wrangler I have owned but might be the last due to terrible service!!
I was out of service for over 2 months. There are 2 problems - one the 4xe itself (which is fine for many people just not all of us) and the other is the lack of knowledge at the service centers. Good luck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
troll

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for venting and giving us exactly Zero information about your issue. Had you taken the time to explain your issues some of us may be able to help out as some issues are somewhat frequent/common trouble areas.....
Check engine light on - does that help?
Thanks for venting and giving us exactly Zero information about your issue. Had you taken the time to explain your issues some of us may be able to help out as some issues are somewhat frequent/common trouble areas.....
what?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I had a Mercedes that spent about 6 months total in service! It didn't bother me too much as they kept me in fresh vehicles from the lot. Jeep does not do that so easily of course.

Any idea of the CEL codes and what did you experience? Not starting, charging problem, etc?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had a Mercedes that spent about 6 months total in service! It didn't bother me too much as they kept me in fresh vehicles from the lot. Jeep does not do that so easily of course.

Any idea of the CEL codes and what did you experience? Not starting, charging problem, etc?
I had a similar issue with a BMW 550i, in the shop for the whole summer. They gave me a convertible sports car to drive. Didn’t even mind the wait. Jeep is clearly not a luxury car or experience though.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I had a similar issue with a BMW 550i, in the shop for the whole summer. They gave me a convertible sports car to drive. Didn’t even mind the wait. Jeep is clearly not a luxury car or experience though.
Yeah, if I didn't like the color or model Mercedes I could just come in and swap it out! Jeep has brought me back to reality. :)

Funny thing is the Jeep cost more than the Mercedes did.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, if I didn't like the color or model Mercedes I could just come in and swap it out! Jeep has brought me back to reality. :)

Funny thing is the Jeep cost more than the Mercedes did.
I hit this reality when I took it in for my first oil change and went to pick up a snack- only to realize I had to pay for it at the cashier:rolleyes:. Definitely not the German luxury experience though, like you, it cost more than my last 3 Audi's and BMW(which was in the shop 9 times in 6 weeks).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts