Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was my Jeep stolen, taken for a joyride, or am I being absolutely irrational?
Recently hit 1000miles. I’ve had issues since delivery, 30miles in wouldn’t start. Turned out to be a dealership preset for if the hybrid battery was completely drained car wouldn’t start. Was towed out of my driveway to the nearest dealership where it sat for a week before I could pick it up.
1000 miles in engine light goes on and I get the email from Sirius to get to dealership (driving fine). I take to my local jeep dealer and they have me go through an online portal to set up appointment.
Second I get there I get a bad vibe- they seem clueless and give me info on an oil change that I didn’t request with no answers to any questions like eta, timeline, cost. I explain the situation and they are pushy to get me to hand over the keys without any documents… just a paper tab like one you get in a line queue at the dmv. I ask timeline and guy says “probably tomorrow, service manager will call you.”
I screenshot app with miles, oil, air pressure, etc because it all felt weird af!
1 day later AM I call and a person tells me it hasn’t been assigned to a tech, then PM I message through the services portal and request update receive a “Nothing yet”
3 days later 2pm I call service manager, friendly guy says “I’ll get on it and keep you posted.”
3 days later 6pm I ask for update and if we can reschedule; service manager says “I’ll check to see if it’s drivable”
LET ME ADD: I HAVE A WEDDING IN 9 DAYS AND CANT BE WITHOUT A VEHICLE
(MY BAD: really thought this was a quick fix or would have waited)
3 days later 7pm I check the app…. Vehicle has been driven 40+ miles and is located in another city at a very residential home.
:exploding_head:

Messaged service manager “WTF is going on… seems driveable and should I be concerned it’s been stolen?” -very common where I live.
I’m at a loss. Is it normal to take a vehicle from the dealership without any notice?
mom trying to give benefit of the doubt and not burn any bridges or be a pest butttt this seems really unorthodox.

·
Registered
712 Posts
It's not unheard of for a tech to take a vehicle home and possibly diagnose something that might require a cold start or something similar, if the vehicle went straight to a house and did not go anywhere except back to the dealership I wouldn't be concerned. Would you feel the same way if they went out on a test drive to determine a problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great question! I think the shock has warm off a bit and it makes sense diagnosis-wise. I hope that’s the case and they have a solid diagnosis to go off of for a fix. I think my biggest problem is having had very little communication from the dealership from the get go and a heads up or check-in that my car would be driven off-site 40+ miles and at a private residence overnight. As far as I’ve been told the problem, fix, and status of drivability is still unknown. It’s a brand new lease and my very first so I’ve been picky of my own mother dropping a crumb inside 😂

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As of Day 4 the Dealership said there was an error in communication and the tech drove it home to try and diagnose issues. It now has accumulated 60 miles but is located back at the dealership and they are waiting on "Star People" for guidance on a pump/cell they believe is the issue. The manager threw a bunch of technical terms around but after being very stern provided me with a Rental Jeep for the weekend - or until fixed. The rental can seat 4 but is a 2 door soft top -so not ideal for wedding week moving/hosting/etc. Hoping these "star people" and the dealership can provide more answers come by Day 8 and beyond. I think we've come to an understanding - if driven offsite I should be kept in the loop and it's ridiculous that a 2022 Jeep with 1030 miles when I dropped it off already has a check engine light. Can't wait to make another payment on a vehicle that has been drivable for a total of 47 days while in my possession. Did I get a lemon :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts