Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw via one of the 4xe FB groups that Jeep Cares, when contacted for an update by a customer on their custom 4xe order, told said customer that the delays may be coming from the hard top being in short supply.

I know, and have seen articles on this being an issue for the Ford Bronco, but has anyone seen anything released or definitive as it pertains to a Jeep?

That would not be fun at all if that is the case for the delay, as that will impact MANY orders!

Anyways... ordered 7/8/21... so I have a LONG ways to go no matter what. However, if I knew the hard-top was going to be the issue, I might have ordered with soft-top and then upgraded later on or something!

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's a quick turnaround of 6-7 weeks. I ordered mine on 7/1, and don't have an updated schedule yet. Sold my 2019 MOAB and missing the shortened season in MI to have the Jeep naked.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's a quick turnaround of 6-7 weeks. I ordered mine on 7/1, and don't have an updated schedule yet. Sold my 2019 MOAB and missing the shortened season in MI to have the Jeep naked.
Did the same, sold my 2020 JLU Altitude and ordered the Sahara 4XE on 7/2 with the hard top. Nothing back on a VIN yet, but the dealer I ordered from is pretty busy so it could have one. I'm not really in a hurry since it's a extra car, but I'd rather have it soon to get some summer fun from it!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I saw via one of the 4xe FB groups that Jeep Cares, when contacted for an update by a customer on their custom 4xe order, told said customer that the delays may be coming from the hard top being in short supply.

I know, and have seen articles on this being an issue for the Ford Bronco, but has anyone seen anything released or definitive as it pertains to a Jeep?

That would not be fun at all if that is the case for the delay, as that will impact MANY orders!

Anyways... ordered 7/8/21... so I have a LONG ways to go no matter what. However, if I knew the hard-top was going to be the issue, I might have ordered with soft-top and then upgraded later on or something!
Only issue with getting hardtop later is you need to install the wiring. If you can’t do that yourself, you are looking at an additional $1200 ish for the wiring harness and installation.

Or do what I did and live without the wiper/defroster on the rear window…:)

·
Registered
67 Posts

I ordered mine on 6/14 with a hard top and it’s still in the parts being assembled process. I’ve contacted Jeep Chat several times and they were unable to identify any specific parts issue holding it up, and no better information has been forthcoming from the dealer. I thought maybe it was the brown leather seats and offered to take black if that was the issue, but no info back from dealer who said he was reaching out to Stellantis over a week ago.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
Only issue with getting hardtop later is you need to install the wiring. If you can’t do that yourself, you are looking at an additional $1200 ish for the wiring harness and installation.

Or do what I did and live without the wiper/defroster on the rear window…:)
You must be neighbors with the Flintstones.
😉

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered mine on 06/01and it came in on 07/02. It was supposed to be a hardtop, came in as a soft top. Dealer said they would order a hard top and switch it when it comes.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I ordered mine on 06/01and it came in on 07/02. It was supposed to be a hardtop, came in as a soft top. Dealer said they would order a hard top and switch it when it comes.
Really? I've never heard of that happening. Was it the same one you ordered otherwise? They could've just pulled it out of a normal dealer order.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered mine on 6/14 with a hard top and it’s still in the parts being assembled process. I’ve contacted Jeep Chat several times and they were unable to identify any specific parts issue holding it up, and no better information has been forthcoming from the dealer. I thought maybe it was the brown leather seats and offered to take black if that was the issue, but no info back from dealer who said he was reaching out to Stellantis over a week ago.
I ordered mine 6/17 and it is stuck in the same parts being assembled status. I went black leather and sky one touch top. Perhaps if we can get enough folks to chime in we can narrow down the bolt that is holding everything up! :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am only two weeks in from order (6/29, VIN 7/1) but I ordered a Rubicon, standard black hardtop/fenders, cold group and proximity keyless.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ordered a Rubicon on 6/7, unpainted hardtop/fenders and got my VIN on 6/9 and like others it's stuck in "parts being gathered". My dealer looked into the delay but got no factory feedback. When pressing Jeep customer service, after a few phone calls pointedly telling them the "7 to 9 weeks" answer is an absurd response, they finally called me back and stated there was nothing specifically delaying production; they have parts but it has not started production.

Something I forgot to check on was the usual summer shut down and, yes, that's what's going on at the moment, 7/12 to 7/19. Waiting......

·
Registered
13 Posts
My order date is 6/17 in NY have a vin, and I’m in waiting for parts status also. I ordered high altitude, cold weather with sky top, towing and advanced safety.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Its interesting how the order times are all over the place with now real rhyme or reason for the delay. I ordered mine with both safety group, hard top painted, fender painter, cold package, proximity, trailer/tow package, hardtop liner, OWL tires, front camera and then saddle interior. Im in Arizona. Not sure if region might play in to this or not.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I ordered a Rubicon on 6/7, unpainted hardtop/fenders and got my VIN on 6/9 and like others it's stuck in "parts being gathered". My dealer looked into the delay but got no factory feedback. When pressing Jeep customer service, after a few phone calls pointedly telling them the "7 to 9 weeks" answer is an absurd response, they finally called me back and stated there was nothing specifically delaying production; they have parts but it has not started production.

Something I forgot to check on was the usual summer shut down and, yes, that's what's going on at the moment, 7/12 to 7/19. Waiting......
What’s the status code?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Really? I've never heard of that happening. Was it the same one you ordered otherwise? They could've just pulled it out of a normal dealer order.
It was definitely mine because the window sticker had my name on it. I am thinking the dealer missed adding the hard top on the order, luckily.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts