Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

Has your 4XE HAD TO BE REPAIRED AFTER PURCHASING IT?

• Yes

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Provide Details

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Overall rating 1-10

Votes: 1 3.7%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two months of 4XE frustration I have decided that Jeep may have rushed this model out too soon. Why do I say that? Just the sheer numbers of identical posts in this and other websites for one reason. We are doing the training for them. It’s cheaper to fix them as they break down than to fix 200,000 of them at the factory. The dealers are left to decipher what is causing all those similar issues and Jeep just has to hire a couple of faceless people to respond to the irate owners on the sites “ hi I’m Kate and this isn’t the experience we want you to have, etc. etc.” blah blah.
Just try to get yours replaced and see how they suddenly disappear and quit talking to you. They should think about a complete recall of all of these models. Think 757 Max. Those defective planes are still mostly parked somewhere I bet. But I digress. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree. I’m going on 30 days without my vehicle and after getting initial replies to my calls and emails, nothing but radio silence. Last I was told was that the part I need won’t be available until October. That is unacceptable for me to be without my vehicle for nearly 4 months, and I am hoping that Jeep thinks it’s unacceptable as well.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I agree. I’m going on 30 days without my vehicle and after getting initial replies to my calls and emails, nothing but radio silence. Last I was told was that the part I need won’t be available until October. That is unacceptable for me to be without my vehicle for nearly 4 months, and I am hoping that Jeep thinks it’s unacceptable as well.
If you're leasing maan they should atleast wave a month payment or prorate it or something

·
Registered
25 Posts
Agree. Wtf. They should give you replacement and pay for you monthly payment. This not acceptable and ripoff
I am now driving a base Dodge Charger that they had to rent for me from enterprise. In all honesty I loved my 4xe for the 2k miles I have driven it and just want it back fixed properly, sooner rather than later but 4 months is a long time to be without it if that is what is going to happen.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am now driving a base Dodge Charger that they had to rent for me from enterprise. In all honesty I loved my 4xe for the 2k miles I have driven it and just want it back fixed properly, sooner rather than later but 4 months is a long time to be without it if that is what is going to happen.
Funny that I been on the same boat in 2017 but with my Dodge Charger and the rented Jeep Cherokee for me😂, I demand 12 free oil change and got them. So at least ask for that. I know you want your Jeep and it is summer but at least you get something out of this. Almost impossible to replace your 4xe with new one but you need to try, threaten to take them to court. 4 month not acceptable sorry for that mate!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, I somewhat agree that Jeep is, in a way, using us as beta testers. Just imagine the amount of data I am sure they are collecting with all the 4xe's running around the world. I suspect it is not unlike many manufacturers too. It is a first gen product and I knew that going in. I personally leased mine for just that reason. I was also coming out with a very bad experience with another manufacturer's product and needed to get an attorney involved. In the end it is all working out with that vehicle. For those whose 4xe's have been at the dealer or out of commissions for weeks, I suggest to find a good lemon law attorney in your area. You do not have to be ok with that and a good attorney can get things moving in the right direction fast. For Jeep, I understand the growing pains and support the brand, technology and model.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Well, I somewhat agree that Jeep is, in a way, using us as beta testers. Just imagine the amount of data I am sure they are collecting with all the 4xe's running around the world. I suspect it is not unlike many manufacturers too. It is a first gen product and I knew that going in. I personally leased mine for just that reason. I was also coming out with a very bad experience with another manufacturer's product and needed to get an attorney involved. In the end it is all working out with that vehicle. For those whose 4xe's have been at the dealer or out of commissions for weeks, I suggest to find a good lemon law attorney in your area. You do not have to be ok with that and a good attorney can get things moving in the right direction fast. For Jeep, I understand the growing pains and support the brand, technology and model.
Agree with everything you said.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am in the same boat, my 4xe has been in the shop since June 11th. No fix, they're claiming it's a PCM card that isn't available right now. I've heard of them replacing wiring harnesses and hybrid batteries, It seems like they're just throwing parts at it. I told them I wanted to file a lemon and the attitude changed very quickly. They said they needed a chance to fix it before I can call it a lemon. This is really unacceptable and it seems like there is no end in sight. I'm driving around a courtesy Cherokee covered in dealer stickers while paying for $60,000 vehicle, it's really cool 👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.