Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow, Wagoneers really? What about the L? I would be all over the L. Wagoneer not so much... what is the engine gonna get, 10 miles electric? pfft.
With the larger body they would be able to cram a larger battery pack underneath to make up for the weight.

Even when they make the L a 4xe the length difference vs the 2 row just didn't work for us.

I would just like to see some GC 4xE on the road and in customer hands before they start promising these other models.

·
Registered
'07 Fit, '17 Pacifica PHEV
46 Posts
Wow, Wagoneers really? What about the L? I would be all over the L. Wagoneer not so much... what is the engine gonna get, 10 miles electric? pfft.
I'm betting they're trying to improve their overall fleet fuel economy. Without selling any sedans or cars or anything like that, Jeep is at a disadvantage trying to meet future government fleet economy requirements.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah I didn't think about a larger battery. Still the Wagoneer is too pricy for us and most people, and as an EV or even PHEV it's going to be even higher. The Grand Cherokee is my cheapie choice but I'd really like to have that 3rd row.

I would LOVE to see some full EVs from Jeep. I think 2024 is unlikely due to the shortages and issues they've had filling orders during the pandemic/chip shortage. But yeah if one dropped in 2024 I'd be first in line to buy (or lease, so all repairs are covered!)

·
Registered
2022 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve 4xe
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a really unique review where it's all from the reviewer's first person point of view.

Also, I have never seen someone test drive the GC 4xe this hard! I thought at several points he was going to run off the road and I'm pretty sure you can hear the tires squeal on his turns.

Also these comments:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is a really unique review where it's all from the reviewer's first person point of view.

Also, I have never seen someone test drive the GC 4xe this hard! I thought at several points he was going to run off the road and I'm pretty sure you can hear the tires squeal on his turns.

Also these comments:
View attachment 6247
TheTopher drive vehicles HARD and is the exact reason you never want to buy a car that was used for media reviews lol I had to stop watching it last night because it was stressing me out...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New in 2023 MY:

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
New in 2023 MY:
I'd be mindful about taking everything there as gospel. Mopar Insiders has certainly been wrong about details on other vehicles (such as the wrangler 4xe) in the past.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This link popped up on my google news feed. Jeep crushes it with marketing then ruins it with delivery 😆

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Such bull$hit. I was sifting through my papers discarding old stuff and stumbled on the ordering papers from 2014. Ordered March 7, delivered in my hands April 26. But by April 8 there was a build sheet with all the part and serial numbers of crap / modules / etc. that were installed on the car. And these jokers can't deliver a car to people who ordered it in December/January of this year and keep raising prices.

I should have ordered a plug-in hybrid Toyota 4Runner. The one that was new for 2007 and was a dinosaur by the time I got my 2014, and for whom fanbois proclaim it will revealed any year now. Kind of like Tesla's full self driving. Always a year away. With 4xe Grand Cherokee, they are always a season away (spring, summer, winter) from delivery.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Such bull$hit. I was sifting through my papers discarding old stuff and stumbled on the ordering papers from 2014. Ordered March 7, delivered in my hands April 26. But by April 8 there was a build sheet with all the part and serial numbers of crap / modules / etc. that were installed on the car. And these jokers can't deliver a car to people who ordered it in December/January of this year and keep raising prices.

I should have ordered a plug-in hybrid Toyota 4Runner. The one that was new for 2007 and was a dinosaur by the time I got my 2014, and for whom fanbois proclaim it will revealed any year now. Kind of like Tesla's full self driving. Always a year away. With 4xe Grand Cherokee, they are always a season away (spring, summer, winter) from delivery.
If other brands weren't having production issues, I would be more upset. They keep pushing the 4XE Grand Cherokee in their ads to stay relevant and remind people that there is a hybrid option in a jeep. They fail to tell the customer that there is a delay in getting you one on time.

• Haha
Reactions: DonKeedic

·
Registered
52 Posts
If other brands weren't having production issues, I would be more upset. They keep pushing the 4XE Grand Cherokee in their ads to stay relevant and remind people that there is a hybrid option in a jeep. They fail to tell the customer that there is a delay in getting you one on time.

If you think what is happening with the JGC 4xe is similar to what's happening with other brands, you need to get out more. This was supposed to be out like a year ago and we're still waiting on deliveries that are a moving target. Jeep has been less than forthcoming with real info, leading dealers to peddle bullshit and sell it as gospel to appease customers. It's a clown show at Jeep.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
If you think what is happening with the JGC 4xe is similar to what's happening with other brands, you need to get out more. This was supposed to be out like a year ago and we're still waiting on deliveries that are a moving target
Sounds like exactly what's happening with some other brands, like the audi q4 for example

1 - 20 of 47 Posts