Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the 4xe didn't get my attention, I probably wouldn't ever have purchased a Jeep. But now that I did, there are some unique things that set them apart from traditional vehicles. One such thing is the dash light dimmer switch setting.

Most vehicles have a variable knob with a stationary indention spot that illuminates the dash lights as maximum and also turns on the interior cabin lights. Then the variable setting dims the dash lights. In the 4xe.....the dimming setting is on the infotainment screen and that is fine. However, I like to turn on my headlights when I hit the trails but if it is daylight still then my dash and screen are too dim to see (because they switch to nighttime brightness). So Jeep has given us one other indention position on the dash mounted dimmer dial that overrides the dimmer setting with headlights on without switching on the interior lights. To my knowledge, no other vehicle has this feature so I presume it is a Jeep Thing. If so, pretty cool. :)

Another Jeep Thing is how easy and simple it is to close the air vents. With the one touch top opened up I like to turn off the HVAC and enjoy the weather but I also don't want dust or little leaves and other debris falling into the ventilation system so being able to block those off is a nice touch on Jeep's part.

What other Jeep Things have you guys noticed?

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Retaining the manual transfer case selector. They could obviously got electric, but they don't. And that's awesome.
Real grab handles. In the JK paracord shit-grips were needed. I don't feel the need in the JL.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think the electro-hydraulic power steering is pretty unique, I don't know of many vehicles with worm/sector steering and an electric pump. Come to think of it, I'm not sure what even has a solid front axle anymore, I think just Wranglers and some larger trucks.

·
Registered
901 Posts
That day/night dimmer is something I've wanted to post about for a while. For one, it just can't get twilight right. I either can't see the display or it blinds me. It seems to always require a manual override

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
218 Posts
If the 4xe didn't get my attention, I probably wouldn't ever have purchased a Jeep. But now that I did, there are some unique things that set them apart from traditional vehicles. One such thing is the dash light dimmer switch setting.

Most vehicles have a variable knob with a stationary indention spot that illuminates the dash lights as maximum and also turns on the interior cabin lights. Then the variable setting dims the dash lights. In the 4xe.....the dimming setting is on the infotainment screen and that is fine. However, I like to turn on my headlights when I hit the trails but if it is daylight still then my dash and screen are too dim to see (because they switch to nighttime brightness). So Jeep has given us one other indention position on the dash mounted dimmer dial that overrides the dimmer setting with headlights on without switching on the interior lights. To my knowledge, no other vehicle has this feature so I presume it is a Jeep Thing. If so, pretty cool. :)

Another Jeep Thing is how easy and simple it is to close the air vents. With the one touch top opened up I like to turn off the HVAC and enjoy the weather but I also don't want dust or little leaves and other debris falling into the ventilation system so being able to block those off is a nice touch on Jeep's part.

What other Jeep Things have you guys noticed?
Just wait til you discover the joy of top down and AC on! Don’t close those vents :D

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
218 Posts
Here in AZ, if you need the A/C then you need the shade too. Top down and heater running is fun. :)
I drove up to Tahoe skiing in the convertible and made it as far as snow with top down, heat and seat heaters. At that point I had to put the top up. Truly great combination using heat and or AC with the open tops

1 - 7 of 7 Posts