Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any European users manage to get their uConnect app working? Mine has been stalled with configuring the vehicle for over 2 weeks now. I'll get push notification about charging complete, and access to my account but no vehicle information or anything else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 4xe wrangler for 1 month and it stuk says vehicle is configuring….

@JeepCares when do we have access to the remote Uconnect app
I see. I got an answer from Jeep care. They said that they had no date when it would be available, but they hoped it was this year. I really hope that it would be available before October here in Norway, I really need preheating the vehicle in the morning before going to work :) ... Here in Europe we dont have the "remote start" function on the remote. In my previous Jeep (JK) I installed the Fortin remote starter witch where perfect for my use. The vehicle was warm when i entered it :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
I see. I got an answer from Jeep care. They said that they had no date when it would be available, but they hoped it was this year. I really hope that it would be available before October here in Norway, I really need preheating the vehicle in the morning before going to work :) ... Here in Europe we dont have the "remote start" function on the remote. In my previous Jeep (JK) I installed the Fortin remote starter witch where perfect for my use. The vehicle was warm when i entered it :)
you can try the app in the car with ignition on run and see if it will refresh the info. this will show if your car is connected at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys !
I’m a very proud owner of the 4XE first Ed (got the delivery yesterday !)
I’ve been told by Jeep yesterday that the app would be available only in September..
But I was wondering, will we be able to remote start the Wrangler?
Will it be possible to warm it or cold it before you get to your car?
Thanks, living in the Alps this kind of future will be awesome!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello again folks…
Still any clue for an app release date in Europe?
How can you sell a car, with no knowledge of when you ll be able to make the most of it?
I only get some notifications about the charge, but still saying on the homepage that « the activation process is in progress… »

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got mine a few days ago. Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe. Simple key fob with no remote start - was disappointed to see this and was hoping I could use uConnect at least but then I can't get my vehicle added to the mobile and web app and not getting much help from support.
Hopefully we can help each other as progress is made for us 4xe owners in Europe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got mine a few days ago. Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe. Simple key fob with no remote start - was disappointed to see this and was hoping I could use uConnect at least but then I can't get my vehicle added to the mobile and web app and not getting much help from support.
Hopefully we can help each other as progress is made for us 4xe owners in Europe.
Only information I got, is that the app should be available second semester 2021.

Basically I bet on an Uconnect app update and other apps updates to support the Wrangler 4XE. Hopefully there will be the ability to precond or preheat the car remotely. I understand that in France, remote start is forbidden… but Tesla or other EV can get preheat remotely, I don’t see why it would not be the case here as well !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Only information I got, is that the app should be available second semester 2021.

Basically I bet on an Uconnect app update and other apps updates to support the Wrangler 4XE. Hopefully there will be the ability to precond or preheat the car remotely. I understand that in France, remote start is forbidden… but Tesla or other EV can get preheat remotely, I don’t see why it would not be the case here as well !
Makes sense. Didn't know remote start was prohibited in France. Yes, remote climate should be available via uConnect once this last one is supported for 4xe. Right now I can't get my vehicle added but I am still interacting with support. I saw other 4xe owners in Europe getting uConnect notifications on their phone regarding battery charging.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Makes sense. Didn't know remote start was prohibited in France. Yes, remote climate should be available via uConnect once this last one is supported for 4xe. Right now I can't get my vehicle added but I am still interacting with support. I saw other 4xe owners in Europe getting uConnect notifications on their phone regarding battery charging.
Well it took 2 or 3 days
The only notifications I get are when charge is over.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
What other U connect features are working in Europe...looking at the brochure it says the GPS tracking and anti theft are included - does this mean there is no benefit of getting a third party GPS tracker now?

·
Registered
5 Posts
and anti theft are included - does this mean there is no benefit
I have no idea but I spoke with Jeep customer service recently and they told me that Uconnect for Jeep (at least in France) wasn't supported at all but should be available shortly (seems like end of Q3 2021) - They can't seem to be able toregister my car yet in any case so I cannot get push notifications about charging complete.
They actually told me that dealerships weren't supposed to register vehicles just yet but some did still so this is likely why the app seems to be in limbo state but push notifications for charging complete is at least working for some.

·
Registered
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
14 Posts
I have no idea but I spoke with Jeep customer service recently and they told me that Uconnect for Jeep (at least in France) wasn't supported at all but should be available shortly (seems like end of Q3 2021) - They can't seem to be able toregister my car yet in any case so I cannot get push notifications about charging complete.
They actually told me that dealerships weren't supposed to register vehicles just yet but some did still so this is likely why the app seems to be in limbo state but push notifications for charging complete is at least working for some.
My dealer answered me yesterday after I called him about uConnect still in activation phase that it's going to be available in Europe in November .... Apparently, FCA is fighting with EU regulations about privacy and personal data's ....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any news about a working uConnect app in Europe? It starting to get cold here in Norway so i really want preheating to work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Heard it should be available in November as well… but is anyone sure that preheating the wrangler will be possible via the app?
I was unable to get an answer about what features will work

·
Registered
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
14 Posts
Heard it should be available in November as well… but is anyone sure that preheating the wrangler will be possible via the app?
I was unable to get an answer about what features will work
I share the impatience with you all and think it's not very smart from FCA to market a car, advertise functions, and then announce bluntly that they will finally be implemented later !!!
I don't have a clue about these future functions since there seem to be a lot of regulatory aspects behind some of them (remote start of the car for instance would apparently be forbidden in Europe ...). Some leads could come from Compass or Renegade owners .... I just know they can adjust the charging time and power ....

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm waiting too...it's the GPS tracking and alert to the phone if the alarm is triggered that I'd like to see please...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts