Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the 4xe. I was looking for some way to have the 4xe connect to the home WiFi for connectivity while in the garage.

Cell coverage is weak where I live, so OTA updates would not be possible, as well as trying to connect via the UCONNECT App.

My Tesla has this feature and it seems like this should be a standard part of any connected vehicle built now-days.

Am I missing something or is this a feature-gap in the 4xe?

Thanks for your reply!

Tom

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'd like to know, too, and for similar reasons. It seems odd that we need to rely on satellite coverage for things as the moment it is in my garage any updates via UCONNECT just dies. I happen to have amazingly fast internet speeds (especially being so rural) and it's a pity I can't seem to connect the jeep to my mesh.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have not found a way to connect it. Other vehicles have had the ability to connect to home wifi, but not this one. I think if they allowed that ability, functions like remote start, unlock etc through the app would be a lot quicker.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I know they want to sell the WiFi service really bad but the vast majority of people already have way faster smartphones with hotspot capability. If they don't they likely are not going to pay for it this way.

·
Registered
901 Posts
The automotive industry typically is. Between manufacturing processes, supply chain, old business models, etc. It is hard for them to keep up with consumer expectations.

Just about everything I have but the toaster is WiFi connected, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.