Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys!

I strangely found my gas lid widely opened yesterday, am pretty sure i closed it days before and noway i could've left it opened.

A bit worried that someone threw something inside to mess up with the engine.

[Coincidently coupla hours before , i found the "Duck Duck Jeep" sign on the door handler too]

Not sure what to do about the engine.

Any advise ????

Thank uu in advance!!!馃槕馃槕馃槕

Registered
Is it possible you bumped the button on the way out? It can take up to 20 seconds to open. Doubtful anyone that ducked your jeep would mess with it.

If someone did mess with it, they would have covered their tracks and you would have no idea. :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
]
Is it possible you bumped the button on the way out? It can take up to 20 seconds to open. Doubtful anyone that ducked your jeep would mess with it.

If someone did mess with it, they would have covered their tracks and you would have no idea. :D
Thanks for replying, but which button exactly ur refering too?:unsure:

Registered
The fuel door button. Since it has to depressurize it can take a while to open. So it's possible if you bumped it, that you could walk away with it still closed.

Registered
Another question: were the doors on or off? If they were on, then little opportunity for someone to access the fuel door release button so it must have been activated accidentally at some point. If they were off, then it could have been some wandering hands (not sure how it works if the Jeep is 'locked' from the key fob though).

Either way, not much you can do other than drive and hope all's good.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The fuel door button. Since it has to depressurize it can take a while to open. So it's possible if you bumped it, that you could walk away with it still closed.
Oh i see, i dont have fuel door button since this is non electrical jeep

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another question: were the doors on or off? If they were on, then little opportunity for someone to access the fuel door release button so it must have been activated accidentally at some point. If they were off, then it could have been some wandering hands (not sure how it works if the Jeep is 'locked' from the key fob though).

Either way, not much you can do other than drive and hope all's good.
Thanks but its non electrical jeep, door closes manually, also the lid openes and closes manually with no button

Registered
Ah, lol. We assumed you were electric since this is a 4xe specific site. The 4xe has a door lock so that it can't be open when pressurized. It's more to keep the owner out until it's ready.

So the 21s have a door but non-locking?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts