Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
heard from Mike Brozowski finally. Apparently he was on vacation. FCA will pay 2 car payments and tow charge. At least that’s something.
Did you ever figure out why it died? Just got a rubicon 4xe and it died on me one week after getting it. Exactly the same, wouldn’t respond to key fob, when I used the manual key to open it my dash was completely dead

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had my 4xe for exactly 2 months….dead in driveway, no response from keyfob, no lights, won’t start, was fully charged, all fuses checked. waiting on tow to dealer which is more than 23 miles from my house so I have to pay the extra mileage (What??????). Kind of upset. Luckily I have a Gladiator and Subaru WRX to get to work with. Anybody have this issue resolved yet?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a similar issue - Jeep parked in Garage for two weeks, daughter wants to drive Jeep - jeep completely unresponsive. Was locked and left as-is in the garage (level 1 charger disconnected), nothing running, no lights on - should have been happily sitting waiting.... but no .. it's dead.

Not exactly what I hoped for with a 4XE - imagine going into the backcountry and finding this issue. Tried to access the "uConnect" but; because I am in a different country - the app failed and will not log me in, tried accessing the dashboard via the MOPAR site; but keeps redirecting me to the US Mopar site (its Canadian vehicle) - then refuses to let me check my vehicle. I call the support number and get told it's a US number and given a Canada number that isn't open. The Mopar roadside assistance told me I need to get a boost - but - that was all the help I could get... Frankly I am VERY disappointed with FCA at the moment. This is not what I wanted from Jeep - dead vehicle, indifferent support, redirects to all the wrong places - its a mess.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We had roadside assistance try to boost the Jeep. Was not able to get the battery to hold or replenish the charge, not even enough to back out of the garage so that was a problem too. the dealership has it now initial prognosis was alternator

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,238 Posts
We had roadside assistance try to boost the Jeep. Was not able to get the battery to hold or replenish the charge, not even enough to back out of the garage so that was a problem too. the dealership has it now initial prognosis was alternator
That’s gonna be a problem, because there is no alternator…
Must be some other issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Could it be as simple as a bad 12 V battery? Is it worth just trying to swap it out and see what happens?
I kinda agree - but, then why was it not charging the PHEV batteries - or; were they dead from trying to power the 12v ... and if they are dead - has that damaged any of the cells ... I don't like mystery issues that may lead to a permanent lemon

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,238 Posts
I kinda agree - but, then why was it not charging the PHEV batteries - or; were they dead from trying to power the 12v ... and if they are dead - has that damaged any of the cells ... I don't like mystery issues that may lead to a permanent lemon
The HV battery won’t kill itself charging the 12v. It only maintains it every 3 weeks if there is a certain level of charge available.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The HV battery won’t kill itself charging the 12v. It only maintains it every 3 weeks if there is a certain level of charge available.
It's a little hard to know all the symptoms when I am 4000 miles away -- thankfully It wasn't left in at the Airport - otherwise I would be returning to a deal vehicle in the middle of the night. I don't like that I cannot trust it, or that the idea that the vehicle would die in 10 days of being parked. I also did not like that uConnect not only refused to let me log in (no explanation), that my Mopar account was set as the US, not Canada account (thus, not letting me access the dashboard as I do not have a US ZIP code), or that calling the FCA helpline did not result in absolute and immediate assistance instead of me having to phone three different telephone numbers to get to a person who could no help me. Finally having a roadside assist that did not understand the vehicle, who pulled it out of the garage backward (on skates) but likely brushed the canvas roof against the oily door chain above the vehicle (there were only a few inches of clearance in this bay), to a dealership that was closed until Tuesday (with no explanation of the time delay in seeing the vehicle) leaving my daughter with no vehicle for her long-weekend getaway, its just tooooooo many negatives all at once.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,238 Posts
It's a little hard to know all the symptoms when I am 4000 miles away -- thankfully It wasn't left in at the Airport - otherwise I would be returning to a deal vehicle in the middle of the night. I don't like that I cannot trust it, or that the idea that the vehicle would die in 10 days of being parked. I also did not like that uConnect not only refused to let me log in (no explanation), that my Mopar account was set as the US, not Canada account (thus, not letting me access the dashboard as I do not have a US ZIP code), or that calling the FCA helpline did not result in absolute and immediate assistance instead of me having to phone three different telephone numbers to get to a person who could no help me. Finally having a roadside assist that did not understand the vehicle, who pulled it out of the garage backward (on skates) but likely brushed the canvas roof against the oily door chain above the vehicle (there were only a few inches of clearance in this bay), to a dealership that was closed until Tuesday (with no explanation of the time delay in seeing the vehicle) leaving my daughter with no vehicle for her long-weekend getaway, its just tooooooo many negatives all at once.
I see your frustration and I agree with you. The apps are janky as heck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is aggravating! My 4XE died on the way to a Jeep Jamboree. Managed to get it restarted by disconnecting the battery. Died on the trails, and got it restarted the same way.

Now it's DEAD and FCA roadside assistance is MIA. Does anyone know the time it should take for these guys to show up? I waited yesterday from about 10:30am and cancelled at 5:30pm since they never showed. Rescheduled for this morning and — again — never showed up.

@JeepCares, What do you say is an acceptable time to be on the side of the road waiting for roadside assistance? Is this acceptable?

·
Registered
322 Posts
This is aggravating! My 4XE died on the way to a Jeep Jamboree. Managed to get it restarted by disconnecting the battery. Died on the trails, and got it restarted the same way.

Now it's DEAD and FCA roadside assistance is MIA. Does anyone know the time it should take for these guys to show up? I waited yesterday from about 10:30am and cancelled at 5:30pm since they never showed. Rescheduled for this morning and — again — never showed up.

@JeepCares, What do you say is an acceptable time to be on the side of the road waiting for roadside assistance? Is this acceptable?
We're certainly sorry to hear of the extended delays you incurred here, mwalton42! Please let us know when your Jeep gets to the dealer and we can assist you further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

21 - 40 of 78 Posts