Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
We're certainly sorry to hear of the extended delays you incurred here, mwalton42! Please let us know when your Jeep gets to the dealer and we can assist you further.

Kate
Jeep Cares
It's at the dealership now.

Do you reimburse for the towing cost incurred?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had my 4xe for exactly 2 months….dead in driveway, no response from keyfob, no lights, won’t start, was fully charged, all fuses checked. waiting on tow to dealer which is more than 23 miles from my house so I have to pay the extra mileage (What??????). Kind of upset. Luckily I have a Gladiator and Subaru WRX to get to work with. Anybody have this issue resolved yet?
I had the same problem a month ago. My wife ran almost only on electric mode and the battery went dead when she washed the car and left the doors opened. The jeep went totally dead! I boosted the car and it ran like new.

There are however major issues with the jeep. There is a recall because in some circumstances the jeep would operate with the gas engine only : https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/ca_en/Y46.pdf. I bought mine 5 month ago. It now runs on electric mode only with limited autonomy. My dealer says i twill take 3 weeks to fix. Really not a good buy!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the same problem a month ago. My wife ran almost only on electric mode and the battery went dead when she washed the car and left the doors opened. The jeep went totally dead! I boosted the car and it ran like new.

There are however major issues with the jeep. There is a recall because in some circumstances the jeep would operate with the gas engine only : https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/ca_en/Y46.pdf. I bought mine 5 month ago. It now runs on electric mode only with limited autonomy. My dealer says i twill take 3 weeks to fix. Really not a good buy!
That's maddening - 3 more weeks! Did they give you a loaner? What are they saying is the holdup on the repair? 3 Weeks seems like a long time if they know what it is. If they give you that long it seems like maybe they don't know what it is that's causing it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had my 4xe for exactly 2 months….dead in driveway, no response from keyfob, no lights, won’t start, was fully charged, all fuses checked. waiting on tow to dealer which is more than 23 miles from my house so I have to pay the extra mileage (What??????). Kind of upset. Luckily I have a Gladiator and Subaru WRX to get to work with. Anybody have this issue resolved yet?
Hi, did they ever find out what happened? I have a one month old 2021 4xe and same thing. We just got back from vacation and it's dead dead dead. No dome lights, nothing. I tried jumping it with my husbands car and we couldn't even attach the cables without it sparking? I'll have to call dealer in the morning. I don't want to return her :( She's only a month old!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, did they ever find out what happened? I have a one month old 2021 4xe and same thing. We just got back from vacation and it's dead dead dead. No dome lights, nothing. I tried jumping it with my husbands car and we couldn't even attach the cables without it sparking? I'll have to call dealer in the morning. I don't want to return her :( She's only a month old!
Try unhooking the battery (12v only, not the hybrid battery) and pressing the start button a few times. Then hook your battery back up. I found this to help some of the time, but it wasn't fool-proof.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe (ordered)
123 Posts
The sparking is totally normal when jumping a car. It's caused by the voltage difference between the two batteries. It's also the reason the final connection should be made to ground away from the battery and not on the negative terminal of the battery. Batteries emit explosive gasses, add sparks, equals a bad day...

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
920 Posts
Most important piece of equipment in everyone’s car should be one these mobile jump packs. They make it so you can’t do it wrong. Plus, lots of power for multiple jumps and bigger vehicles even. They can charge phones, laptops, air pumps and whatever else you can think of. Also, if your dead car is parked in and you can’t get close with a jump vehicle, no problem for the jump pack. This is just one of many, but the brand I have in my Jeep.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Also beware when jump starting the 4xe as you could damage the IDCM (Integrated Dual Charging Module). I believe you are supposed to remove the relay/fuse prior to jump start so you don't back feed and possibly fry the IDCM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The sparking is totally normal when jumping a car. It's caused by the voltage difference between the two batteries. It's also the reason the final connection should be made to ground away from the battery and not on the negative terminal of the battery. Batteries emit explosive gasses, add sparks, equals a bad day...
Well that's good to know!!!! Thank you!! My jeep ended up just needing a jolt. It was super dead and cold. All is working again now :)

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
920 Posts
Well that's good to know!!!! Thank you!! My jeep ended up just needing a jolt. It was super dead and cold. All is working again now :)
As @monkeynuts says, the sparking is pretty usual when hooking up jumper cables, I’ve done it many times over my years and it’s always unsettling. No shame in not preceding from there. This vehicle is not something you want to mess with as far as adding electricity that’s unwanted! $$$🤣 Get yourself a battery tender for when you will be away and don’t want to leave the HV battery hooked up. The battery tender is very low voltage and of minimal risk. I used to have all my plow vehicles at my shop hooked up all winter every day except when they were out plowing. Never had a problem with the tenders over 20 plus years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most important piece of equipment in everyone’s car should be one these mobile jump packs. They make it so you can’t do it wrong. Plus, lots of power for multiple jumps and bigger vehicles even. They can charge phones, laptops, air pumps and whatever else you can think of. Also, if your dead car is parked in and you can’t get close with a jump vehicle, no problem for the jump pack. This is just one of many, but the brand I have in my Jeep.
This is on my list to get. We have a halo one and I don't think it's powerful enough for a dead dead battery. The tow company had a portable jump starter that worked right away. I want to have one on hand if this happens again. Do you think this Boost X is good brand?!

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
920 Posts
This is on my list to get. We have a halo one and I don't think it's powerful enough for a dead dead battery. The tow company had a portable jump starter that worked right away. I want to have one on hand if this happens again. Do you think this Boost X is good brand?!
Absolutely I do. NOCO is a great brand. These are the newer ones.
This is the one I bought about 5 yrs ago. NOCO GB150 Boost Pro. Will probably jump start the space shuttle… You don’t need the biggest ones. Just read up on them a bit.
Input device Font Gadget Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had this issue this morning, just over 2 months old, went out to leave, doors won’t unlock, fob not working either, use hard key to get in, no dome light, no dash lights etc., nothing. EV Charging lights won’t even light up. Checked voltage on battery, 5v it says. Hooked up harbor freight charger, the second I plugged it in, jeep came to life. Jumped in, engine started stayed running, said EV not available now, let run for 10-15 minutes, turned off. Started again this time like normal, EV 1st. Drove around town, made multiple stops/turn offs. Heated seats etc all work great, no error messages, but now have check engine light on. Also noticed while driving around, dash lights dimmed to nighttime setting, this is noon time nice bright day, turned lights off of auto, to get dash lights bright. Something is amiss. Just sharing so maybe others had similar issues can get a common issue? Called dealer waiting for call back. Checked Connections all good up top, no lights left on over night etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had this issue this morning, just over 2 months old, went out to leave, doors won’t unlock, fob not working either, use hard key to get in, no dome light, no dash lights etc., nothing. EV Charging lights won’t even light up. Checked voltage on battery, 5v it says. Hooked up harbor freight charger, the second I plugged it in, jeep came to life. Jumped in, engine started stayed running, said EV not available now, let run for 10-15 minutes, turned off. Started again this time like normal, EV 1st. Drove around town, made multiple stops/turn offs. Heated seats etc all work great, no error messages, but now have check engine light on. Also noticed while driving around, dash lights dimmed to nighttime setting, this is noon time nice bright day, turned lights off of auto, to get dash lights bright. Something is amiss. Just sharing so maybe others had similar issues can get a common issue? Called dealer waiting for call back. Checked Connections all good up top, no lights left on over night etc.

Update, today engine light is off, haven’t changed/fixed anything. everything working as designed. Plan to purchase battery booster to keep on hand at all times now.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
920 Posts
Get a new 12v battery. The best one you can get. Odyssey or Optima Yellow Top. Little peace of mind for 5 years or so. If you don’t drive much or keep it plugged in, think about getting a battery Tender to maintain your battery. I installed a NOCO that stays hooked up in the engine compartment and plug 🔌 comes out by the bumper. It’s always plugged in when I’m not driving, and so is the HV battery.
Glad you got it fixed and the CEL turned off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Woke up this AM to a "dead, dead, dead" 4xe. Engine malfunction light on now. Jump started immediately. "car health" says the charging system is A-OK. Didn't leave anything on (that I can remember). Have an appointment with dealer but not to Feb 1. I heard that it takes some miles and a couple of start cycles to clear the Engine Malfunction Light. Hoping that this is something simple. 4400 miles.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts