Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No. Hell no

Votes: 5 55.6%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased my 4XE weeks ago and had it delivered by the dealership. This is my 5th Jeep and third Rubicon. It arrived with check engine on. I should have noticed this during the walk through so my bad there. Same exact problem as others have had. Pump fail overhearing due to all the coolant leaking out. @JeepCares does not care or they would have fixed this problem at the factory. Two days in service so far, and no ETA on parts. Driving smelly rental until fixed. If not repaired in a week i am going to blast poor reviews every where i can. #holdingbacktheanger This is not okay.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's not what @JeepCares is for. JeepCares exists to deal with problems that arise. It sounds like your vehicle is in service, and you have a rental, so I think JeepCares appears to be doing their job.

Problems happen with any vehicle. Even more problems happen with new tech. I've been on the front lines of brand new plug-in tech from BMW, Tesla and now Jeep and kinks are inevitable in some portion of initial units. JeepCares exists to make those kinks right. They can't always make parts available out of thin air, but they can put a priority on an account, and make sure you have transportation.

It does seem like Jeep QA has problems right now, and that's a valid concern. Cooling, ball joints, fuses and gas caps are well documented in enough cases that agreed 100%, something needs to be done to remedy these things before they leave the factory.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: The battery coolant and heating pumps failed and have to be replaced. There is no ETA on the parts, could take 2 to 4 months. I pressed the dealership and they have agreed to buy the 4XE back. They are paying off my loan with interest. Impressed the owner of the dealership did the right thing. Jeep knows there is a problem with the cooling system for the battery. Do not accept delivery of your 4XE unless service dept confirms they have bled the air out of the battery cooling system. #carless #releived #5thtimenotacharm #on2thenext

·
Registered
27 Posts
Update: The battery coolant and heating pumps failed and have to be replaced. There is no ETA on the parts, could take 2 to 4 months. I pressed the dealership and they have agreed to buy the 4XE back. They are paying off my loan with interest. Impressed the owner of the dealership did the right thing. Jeep knows there is a problem with the cooling system for the battery. Do not accept delivery of your 4XE unless service dept confirms they have bled the air out of the battery cooling system. #carless #releived #5thtimenotacharm #on2thenext
Mine is back at the shop and now I’m wondering if this is why the popping noise I hear is happening while charging. They are trying to push blame on my level 2 charger but I’ve used both and it charges fine but errors says it doesn’t. I went through the car wash and my dash was flickering all kinds of stuff….. mine was at dealer for 37 days and now it’s been there since Monday again… 😢

·
Registered
27 Posts
I thought if it's in the shop after 30 days it's a lemon law situation
Yes it is but they somehow have my service dates reflected as only 4 days!!!!!!!! I just found this out - I stressed the error and noted the correct dates they need to review that. I’m so irritated
It depends on your state but agree that more people should be taking advantage of their rights.
After 30 days in shop (which they only noted mine was there 4 which is absurd!) you can use the lemon law - sucks because I love my Jeep otherwise 😢

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes it is but they somehow have my service dates reflected as only 4 days!!!!!!!! I just found this out - I stressed the error and noted the correct dates they need to review that. I’m so irritated

After 30 days in shop (which they only noted mine was there 4 which is absurd!) you can use the lemon law - sucks because I love my Jeep otherwise 😢
If that dealership is noting only 4 days vs the time it really has been in there, I can guarantee it will other things they are cutting corners and lying about

·
Registered
27 Posts
If that dealership is noting only 4 days vs the time it really has been in there, I can guarantee it will other things they are cutting corners and lying about
Yes they did and I only got one page invoice and when I questioned the dates he immediately fixed the invoice and then I suddenly had another with more details. It’s still at the shop now… no news other than they are trying to blame the level 2’charger which is not the issue… it’s hooked up properly and was acting up with either charger - uggg

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just picked it up from the shop again today- they did nothing - couldn’t find anything so I have it back. It shut down on me again on September 18th eve after getting it back from the dealer the first time. It charges and shows it’s charged fully but the app shows charging fault error. And -this is interesting I wonder if anyone else had experienced it….. going through the car wash- put Jeep in neutral and it rides the conveyor through- the dash was going crazy showing mph and all kinds of stuff - have two videos but not sure how to post them… the dealership says they just don’t know….. I am not sure what to do at this point. Jeep cares rep hasn’t talked to me in weeks. And she says one thing but never follows through. I got my Jeep end of April - leased it with the 7500 electric federal rebate applied and also tread lightly applied. Spoke to a lemon lawyer and they said normally Jeep does a cash settlement for leased vehicles with discounts applied… I love my Jeep but I need it to be dependable and I worry about what will happen down the road - I planned on buying it once lease is up… 😢

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just picked it up from the shop again today- they did nothing - couldn’t find anything so I have it back. It shut down on me again on September 18th eve after getting it back from the dealer the first time. It charges and shows it’s charged fully but the app shows charging fault error. And -this is interesting I wonder if anyone else had experienced it….. going through the car wash- put Jeep in neutral and it rides the conveyor through- the dash was going crazy showing mph and all kinds of stuff - have two videos but not sure how to post them… the dealership says they just don’t know….. I am not sure what to do at this point. Jeep cares rep hasn’t talked to me in weeks. And she says one thing but never follows through. I got my Jeep end of April - leased it with the 7500 electric federal rebate applied and also tread lightly applied. Spoke to a lemon lawyer and they said normally Jeep does a cash settlement for leased vehicles with discounts applied… I love my Jeep but I need it to be dependable and I worry about what will happen down the road - I planned on buying it once lease is up… 😢
So what's the next step for you?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I hope you can get your $. This is my fear too. I got mine back from dealer working and it hasn’t happened again for me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sounds like yours could have those bad kinked gaskets or orings around your electrical box an dwater is getting in. It's a recall i believe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.