Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a little about my situation. I’ve had my Jeep now for 5 days and I’ve had no problems with charging until today. Today the JB has decided to not charge. It immediately flashes yellow and then I get the message on the Jeep to check the external charger. The only way I can get it to charge is to Unplug the JB from the wall and plug it back in. Anyone have any idea what’s going on?

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,209 Posts
So a little about my situation. I’ve had my Jeep now for 5 days and I’ve had no problems with charging until today. Today the JB has decided to not charge. It immediately flashes yellow and then I get the message on the Jeep to check the external charger. The only way I can get it to charge is to Unplug the JB from the wall and plug it back in. Anyone have any idea what’s going on?
I just had trouble with my JuiceBox 40. It would charge the Jeep always, but would constantly flash yellow after completing the charging. So it would go solid green after the Jeep was fully charged, then after a day or 3 hrs or 2 days or 8 hrs, basically some random amount of time afterwards, it would start flashing yellow which means it lost contact with the vehicle. I exchanged mine for a refurbished unit that is now working as it should. It also plugs into the Jeep port much tighter than the original one I had.
Check your port for obstructions and for bent pins. Also check the JuiceBox plug for obstructions and toggle the button you push to release the plug. That button on my original seemed to be the culprit on mine. If I pushed it about 20x before plugging in, it wouldn’t flash yellow as fast after charging. Also reach out to JuiceBox support for help. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just had trouble with my JuiceBox 40. It would charge the Jeep always, but would constantly flash yellow after completing the charging. So it would go solid green after the Jeep was fully charged, then after a day or 3 hrs or 2 days or 8 hrs, basically some random amount of time afterwards, it would start flashing yellow which means it lost contact with the vehicle. I exchanged mine for a refurbished unit that is now working as it should. It also plugs into the Jeep port much tighter than the original one I had.
Check your port for obstructions and for bent pins. Also check the JuiceBox plug for obstructions and toggle the button you push to release the plug. That button on my original seemed to be the culprit on mine. If I pushed it about 20x before plugging in, it wouldn’t flash yellow as fast after charging. Also reach out to JuiceBox support for help. Good luck.
Thanks for the info. I planned on reaching out to JB today to see what they could do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm trying to decide right now between the Juice Box 40 or the Clipper Creek. Thoughts on how well you like the Juice Box? Also, should I get a hard wired unit or a plug-in? I was leaning toward a plug-in, in case I had any issues, so I wouldn't need an electrician if I needed to swap out/replace a unit on warranty. Other things I have read have recommended hardwiring. I'll be installing it later this Summer as part of a home solar system install. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm trying to decide right now between the Juice Box 40 or the Clipper Creek. Thoughts on how well you like the Juice Box? Also, should I get a hard wired unit or a plug-in? I was leaning toward a plug-in, in case I had any issues, so I wouldn't need an electrician if I needed to swap out/replace a unit on warranty. Other things I have read have recommended hardwiring. I'll be installing it later this Summer as part of a home solar system install. Thanks.
Initially I wanted to get the Clipper Creek just cause that’s what Jeep went with but after looking into everything you way more for your money than you do the Clipper Creek. The only issue I’ve had with the Juicebox is using its smart charging feature. My fix was just to turn the smart charging off and use the smart charging feature that comes with the Jeep. I went with the plug in style just so it would be easier to move if ever had to. The juice box can also go up to 40 amps if the was ever an on board charger upgrade for the Jeep or if I got another vehicle that can accept the 40 amps then I’m already set. I would choose the Juicbox 10 out of 10 times over the Clipper Creek.

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
579 Posts
I prefer hardwired but I'm comfortable to wire it myself. For lower current wago connectors work well and higher current, larger gauge wire, Polaris connectors work well. Either makes it very easy to replace a unit. The larger recepticles just add another possible failure point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts