Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with a JuiceBox, how is it holding out? I was looking at this as I wanted a WiFi enabled EVSC but the Amazon reviews are giving me a scare.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’ve had a JuiceBox 40 and has been smooth sailing, had an issue once where it failed to charge and gave service charging system code but once CEL was cleared have not had the issue again.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the top Amazon reviews are 1 star. I suppose it's like looking at this site for 4xe reviews :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve had a JuiceBox 40 and has been smooth sailing, had an issue once where it failed to charge and gave service charging system code but once CEL was cleared have not had the issue again.
Did you go 40 amp just to future proof?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just ordered. I did the 40 amp as shipping time was much better.

How wide is the box? I need to place the outlet

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! That helps.

I'll likely mount the outlet to the right side, near the side of the EVSE. Do you think the cables crossing at the bottom would be an issue?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you! That helps.

I'll likely mount the outlet to the right side, near the side of the EVSE. Do you think the cables crossing at the bottom would be an issue?
Unless you’re tight for space or in an enclosure I doubt there would be any issue, there is plenty of play forward and backwards for them.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm charging with it now. It's so much faster! I love how you can set the current percentage and get real time stats.

Jeep said 40 minutes to charge on Level 2 and the actual charge time was 27 minutes for 3.37 kWh.

The app isn't that intuitive, but I've stumbled on many of the features just messing around.

Anyway, question on vehicle settings. The default charge rate is 6.6 kWh. But it seems to be pulling 7.6 kWh just to the last couple minutes. Anyone know what the setting does? I changed it to match 7.6 kWh.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also thought it was interesting that the default 4xe range it started with is 26 miles. That fits with conservative real life numbers. I bumped it to 28 miles, which is still conservative for me. My typical is about 29 to 30.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some screen shots for anyone that may be interested in a smart EVSE. These are from the first charge.

Here you can drag current numbers while charging is occurring. Otherwise the software has to assume fully depleted. Clicking on the center allows switching between range, kWh, and percentage. If you set to your current percent before or after charging you can get a good estimate of when it will be done.
Font Circle Number Diagram Measuring instrument

Not charging on this shot but I was able to see the Jeep pulling a little over 31 amps amps and 7.6 kWh while charging.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Circle

I was surprised how short of a time frame the Jeeps charging system ramped down for the last few percent of the charging cycle. I didn't even catch it on the above screen.
Rectangle Purple Font Line Screenshot

Oh, and a final thing to add, which gets many people. Don't plug the JuiceBox in until the app tells you to. It will not open up the WiFi AP unless it's timed right.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have two of them, both on exterior garage walls. One we've had for 9 months, so through most of at least one northeastern winters. No issues at all. We got the second one this summer because we liked the first so much. We got the hardwire mount.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts