Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live near Vancouver, BC, Canada, and have wanted a yellow 2dr Jeep since 2015... but my wife was not happy with my choice, saying the 2dr was not family-friendly, gas-sucking, off road toy car that was not reliable, blah blah blah...

Recently, she thinks it was a good a time to get a new car as she saw some one driving the new "Defender" at our children's school. She was captivated by the looks, and the James Bond movie propaganda stuff... I knew i had to do something, and I did. I tricked her into going to a Jeep's dealer to "check out "the new Jeep's grand wagoneer (which i knew was not out yet, at least here in BC). So we were there at the dealership, talking about the wagoneer, and eventually we started to walk around near the wranglers and we saw this white High Altitude 4xe.. It was so beautiful that my wife actually opened the door and started asking questions about it... Anyway, I pretended to not know a thing about 4xe and started to ask a lot questions... "Oh, really this is a hybrid? oh does it mean it uses less gas? we could just use electricity to run this car? oh, so we can remove the hard top? and becomes a convertible in the summer?? oh wow.." Soon later, we ended up test driving it...

I also have to say, i did some tricks during both of the test drives of the Sahara and Rubicon 4xe. In short, I made sure she was test driving Sahara in 2H and electric mode.. all the time, and when she was test driving the Rubicon, i switched to 4x4... End result, she thinks the Rubicon was a better drive.. more fun, more responsive, more power and control..

In the end, what really nailed it was, i must say the new Tuscadero color... She really liked the color and it reminded her of the pink "barbie" jeep... It was now her desire to get the new Jeep... not mine.. haha

So, did i get a wrangler? Yes. Rubicon? Yes.. yellow and 2dr? no, but it doesnt matter... it is a hybrid and it is "hers", and more importantly i get to mod and drive it..

The dealer says the custom order will take 4-6 months...(I honestly do not hope so)
And one of the changes was that 2022 model comes with a different color fender flares...

Cant wait!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats from a fellow Canuck now living in SoCal. With all the rain and snow you get in the winter, you will be glad to be driving in a 4x4. Vancouver is beautiful in the summer, but not so much in the winter, eh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.