Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my local Jeep dealer on Tuesday and ordered my Sahara 4Xe. Dealer didn't make any mention of being sold out and took my deposit and "placed" the order. Then my wife sends me an article that Jeep CEO announced that the model was sold out in late July. Can anyone shed some light into this??

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered on 7/29 and asked my salesman and dealership about this and the response I got was that Jeep had allocated a certain number they were going to build for general sale, outside of custom orders, and all of those have been sold. They told me the only way to get a 4xe now was to place a custom order since only those ordered were going to be built.

Good new is they're still taking orders and they're still being built. My Build Sheet just showed up on Cryptostickers this morning so my build is underway!!

Congrats on the new Jeep!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
We ordered by Sahara 4XE on August 6 and got a call on this past Wednesday (Aug 25) from dealer telling me it's arrived locally and should be at the dealer within a week! Originally, we were told 8 - 12 weeks delivery. I'm in Maryland.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@NewtoJeep How did you option your Jeep? I was told by my dealer that the Safety groups tend to add significant time to the build process.

My build:
Sahara Granite Crystal
Black/Saddle
Proximity entry
3 pc hard top
Cold weather
Both safety groups
Trailer package
Hard top headliner

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sahara White
Black interior
Black Side Steps
Sky One touch
Cold weather
Proximity entry
Safety Group (1 not both)
Your appears to have many more options. . . are you planning on getting the L2 charger? If so, which one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@NewtoJeep Yes- I am thinking about just getting the "Jeep" one from Mopar parts. I have a 18.5 mile commute to work and my work has a ChargePoint charger one block from my office and it is Free!! hoping to never have to use the ICE on my daily commute. I am worried about my panel at home though- I have 200 amp service, but my panel is pretty full- dual pole used for home generator, I have a pool and hot tub, plus electric dryer..... hopefully the electrician can move some stuff around in the box to make it all work out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My dealer told me that and also not to order things like the all weather mats, grab handles, stainless door sills, etc. because those are not installed at the plant and require shipping the vehicle to another location that adds 10-14 days. He basically said don't order anything you can buy from our parts department and easily add later.

My build is:
Sahara in Sting-Gray
Sky 1-Touch roof
Saddle color seats
Front camera
Gorilla Glass
Proximity Entry
Cold weather package
Both safety groups
Tow package

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, my dealer told me the same (re grab handles which I'll definitely need) . You and previous poster, Nathan, ordered both safety groups. . . I hope I didn't make a mistake by skipping the Advanced Safety Group. :unsure:

·
Registered
57 Posts
@NewtoJeep For me, my current vehicle has the adaptive cruise control and the collision warning systems and I've just gotten so used to them I can't imagine not having them LOL!

As long as the jeep hasn't started it's actual build, the dealer's can update any order! Just something to think about if you change your mind.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I LOVE the adaptive cruise control and the collision warning (had them on my last vehicle and also got used to them). I personally recommend them if it's easy to get.

I was fortunate and found one of the few left on dealers lots a few months ago and it happened to be configured exactly like I wanted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you all. My Jeep has arrived, "unfortunately"(?). . . if it had been the 8 - 12 weeks lead time, I would have added it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats and have fun!!!!! (sorry I didn't read carefully enough). Nice that the wait is over (and fairly short for you)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes, my dealer told me the same (re grab handles which I'll definitely need) . You and previous poster, Nathan, ordered both safety groups. . . I hope I didn't make a mistake by skipping the Advanced Safety Group. :unsure:
Grab handles aren't standard on these things?

·
Registered
50 Posts
My dealer told me that and also not to order things like the all weather maps, grab handles, stainless door sills, etc. because those are not installed at the plant and require shipping the vehicle to another location that adds 10-14 days. He basically said don't order anything you can buy from our parts department and easily add later.

My build is:
Sahara in Sting-Gray
Sky 1-Touch roof
Saddle color seats
Front camera
Gorilla Glass
Proximity Entry
Cold weather package
Both safety groups
Tow package
Dang it!! My dealer didn’t tell me squat! I ordered mine with those add ons you said not to order..😏

1 - 17 of 17 Posts