Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha! 馃榿馃

We got Kailani 2.0 on Wednesday night!

First thing the next morning, Thanksgiving, we got the soft top off. I snashed my two fingertips awful bad, but it's off.

Then some family coordination got the hard top down and off.

Immediately identified a downfall to NOT ordering the dual top group for $2500. 2.0 was missing the 4 metal brackets for the freedom panels. Robbed them off 1.0 and the only problem there is that with the ACC module two bolts can't get put in. But it's secure enough. I'll have the dealership fuck with that. It'll be money well spent to not have the hassel and it done right.

But the biggest downfall is lack of rear defrost, rear wiper and washer. ZERO hardware for it. So I'm now looking at the kit from quadratec and having the Peterson's do that too.

Have the steps to put on. The bumper too, but that'll take a little more time as the household commander would like the blue hooks swapped out.

As she stands today, Kailani is at v2.02. Hard top and stubby antenna. Hey, it's a mod 馃ぃ

Mahalo!馃

Registered
Yup, I made that mistake with my 2019 JLU. Bought a hard top after (it does come with the all the parts needed to attach the hard top, just not the wiring for the rear window).

Traded in the 2019 JLU for the 4xe with a hard top. Left the hard top on that I purchased on the 2019 at trade in and kept the soft top at home!

Now I have both for the 4xe. 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, I made that mistake with my 2019 JLU. Bought a hard top after (it does come with the all the parts needed to attach the hard top, just not the wiring for the rear window).

Traded in the 2019 JLU for the 4xe with a hard top. Left the hard top on that I purchased on the 2019 at trade in and kept the soft top at home!

Now I have both for the 4xe. 馃榿
Yours had the 4 hard points in the front? Ours did not. And yeah, now there's only one bolt in each (up by the windshield) for now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yesterday we went wheeling with a group for the first time. Ran E-Save Charge the whole way there, and still was at 95% when we got there (65mph freeway).

I like the 4LO Idaho Offroad group because they aren't exclusively Wranglers. People run what they brung, and it's just more fun.

Yesterday though, it was 4 Wranglers lol. 1 JKU, 1 JLU, and 2 JLURs (ours was the 4xe obviously.

We only got stopped once thanks to snow, and we made it pretty damn far for a stocker. People loved the "freaky"-ness of the electric.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today's cruise through the mountains with 4LO Idaho Offroad.

Also, here's the first real off road outing with Kailani 2:

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts