Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

I have had several new cars/ new trucks over the years and the latest ones all had proximity entry. I've noticed that I am fairly loose with my key because of this as my last car would beep if I left it inside and none of my previous cars would allow me to lock it if the key was left inside.

Unfortunately, the build on my 4xe did not have this feature added which is not a big problem. The issue I have is I stepped outside while taking in groceries and the jeep autolocked as soon as I closed my doors. My keys, cell phone and remaining groceries inside. I had to have roadside assistance come to pry my door open :( hours later. I tried to turn this feature off but even if I turn off autolock doors it seems to autolock at random times (keys in my pocket this time).

Is this normal behavior? Can it be changed ?

Thank you

·
Registered
100 Posts
i locked out my self couple of time at my vw beatle 1974...but i got better to break in to the car every time.
a pet rock near by can help :D ... autolock will be next to check tomorrow ..thanks for the info.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You can use the Uconnect app to unlock. If the app wants to work.

I'm used to this from German cars that have this, but I think my mustang would allow me to lock the second set inside. I just supposed it knew the lock signal was coming from a different fob.

·
Registered
100 Posts
is like just the situation when you are at a carwash and reclean wipe or install antenna and your stuff is inside the Jeep and you closed the door to wipe them dry and you hear suddenly that CLICK .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts