Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Does anyone have thoughts on rear seat passenger safety that uses this for city shuttling of kids in addition to weekend adventuring?

Primarily doing city shuttling -- low speed during week, light off-road weekends. Currently minivan owners, so we are high on the safety end right now.

2 kid passengers - sub 100 lbs each.

I spooked myself out watching the highway crash tests on iihs website... so I wanted to hear from current 4xe parent drivers.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love my 4xe, but was thinking of the same thing. The lack of a curtain airbag could be dangerous for side impact. My current thought is to put a cushion on the b pillar. Hothead sells side window covers, may be can get another one to cover the frame as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 5 year old daughter (who is in a booster) was just asking me today if I could take the roof and doors off so we could go cruising....

·
Registered
228 Posts
It was interesting reading this, 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4-door SUV.

There are plenty of crazy wrangler crash videos out there. A little prone to rollovers but also has the cage.

I take my defensive driving very serious. I don't go through/approach an intersection without 360 awareness.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bet that the 4xe won't roll over in small overlap test. The battery and electric powertrain added almost 800 lb to the base the of vehicle. This amount of weight should keep it down.

It was interesting reading this, 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4-door SUV.

There are plenty of crazy wrangler crash videos out there. A little prone to rollovers but also has the cage.

I take my defensive driving very serious. I don't go through/approach an intersection without 360 awareness.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone -- I will be curious if anyone finds any cushioning or add-ons that would help protects kids especially. We are defensive drivers too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I bet that the 4xe won't roll over in small overlap test. The battery and electric powertrain added almost 800 lb to the base the of vehicle. This amount of weight should keep it down.
I've speculated on the same thing, a significant amount of increased weight down low has to move the CG and have a non-trivial impact to the rollover likelihood (it's basically what makes a Tesla so "anti-rollover", granted a Jeep is taller).

I hope they publish this same test with a 4xe!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Something like this should work. Search car headrest pillow in Amazon. Not sure whether it fits the Wrangler though. Will try once my kids get out of the car seat.

Thanks everyone -- I will be curious if anyone finds any cushioning or add-ons that would help protects kids especially. We are defensive drivers too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts