Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I‘m new to this forum and own the 4xe for nearly two weeks now. I have two questions.
Is there any way to have some kind of launch control? Or how do I accelerate with full hybrid power? Especially when the engine is cold it would be good to have the option to warm up the engine and have full power with a kick-down afterwards. Or how do you do this? At the moment I feel some latency until the engines produce the full power in hybrid mode.
Second question, is ther an option to have the maximum recuperatiion always activated? It is somehow annoying to have to activate this feature all the time. I think it is a great advantage of electro motors over combustion engines to use the engine to regenerate energy instea of heat.
Cheers
André

·
Registered
73 Posts
It hurts me to do this, but - throttle brake it. Stand on the brake hard, floor it so the engine starts, release the brake. Make sure you are in 4H auto to put all that torque down. And, since you are stalling the motor against the brakes, I wouldn't make a habit of doing this at all.

·
Registered
264 Posts
@Nathan already answered the first part.

Max Regen was intended to be a latching function. A software conflict forced them to remove it before production. An update for that is in the pipeline and will be rolled out to dealerships soon. When you take it in for service, it will be updated. That update can’t be done over the air.

The nice thing about the Wrangler 4XE is that it has a blended braking system. When you are rolling along and brake normally, the deceleration force that you feel is coming from the P2 motor in the transmission, not from the friction brakes. The system blends over to the friction brakes just in the last few feet of a stop. So you aren’t loosing any energy if you don’t have Max Regen turned on, it just takes away the convincing of near one pedal driving.

As a side note, Max Regen is only at work when we lift our foot from the accelerator. It doesn’t change anything about how the vehicle charges the battery under normal driving. It only turns on a fixed deceleration rate when we lift our foot from the accelerator.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a similar question as the OP, @Besgin. When driving on electric only the engine coolant and oil temps are ambient. I have to imagine it is super healthy for the engines longevity. Rolling along in Hybrid on electric only and give a little extra throttle to get onto the highway, the engine could be cold when asked to power up. @Wrangler4XEFan , that might be a good topic for #6 of "Ask The Expert".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts