Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Anyone have any experience leaving the 4xe for like 4ish days at an airport not plugged in?

I live about 11 mi from the airport I fly out of a lot. Most times I’m gone a few days to 4-5 days.

I’m guessing when I park the battery will be about 50%. And I know the battery runs the system that keeps the battery pack temperature controlled. Have you been gone and found it has drained the battery by the time you return?

Really just want to make sure it doesn’t die while im gone and can’t be temperature controlled. And there are no ev spots at the airport.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello everyone! Anyone have any experience leaving the 4xe for like 4ish days at an airport not plugged in?

I live about 11 mi from the airport I fly out of a lot. Most times I’m gone a few days to 4-5 days.

I’m guessing when I park the battery will be about 50%. And I know the battery runs the system that keeps the battery pack temperature controlled. Have you been gone and found it has drained the battery by the time you return?

Really just want to make sure it doesn’t die while im gone and can’t be temperature controlled. And there are no ev spots at the airport.
We have had ours in the garage for 4 - 5 days, with a full charge unplugged and it was down to ~ 99%-98%.
You could always drive to the airport with E-save activated, then you would definitely have plenty when you return, and would have a baseline for future trips.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe (on order)
29 Posts
@Apwlls2021 Very good topic. This has been on my mind since first reading through the 4xe Hybrid Supplement. Looking forward to real life experiences from those members in the extreme hot and cold areas.

·
Registered
188 Posts

The HVB is only conditioned while parked on plug. Parked at the airport off plug will be just like any other vehicle. The LVB should be okay for that duration. The LVB is what wakes up the modules and brings the HVB online.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have left mine unplugged for a full week and the battery didn’t change, not even 1%. The weather was low 80’s and the unit was garaged. Looking to see what happens during my Buffalo winters.

·
Registered
4xe Rubicon, AP1 S2000
58 Posts
Left mine in the OHare parking lot for 4 days (new long term garage). There are EV chargers available, but I didn’t think it was right to take them. I parked as normal and didn’t note pre/post chargers but it wasn’t notable. It was in late July so quite hot, no problems at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts