Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

Lectron Adapter DOES NOT work

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  DEN4xe 
#1 ·
Tried at half a dozen public destination charging stations. All got the blinking blue light. would Steer clear of purchasing.
Sleeve Grey Font Material property Brand

Liquid Automotive lighting Water Fluid Fender

Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Steering part Vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel Vehicle

Hand dryer Gas Fixture Peripheral Audio equipment

See less See more
#2 ·
I bought the same Lectron Adapter.

I have a Tesla home charger and wanted to avoid adding another 240 charger to the garage. I experienced the same problem you describe in your photos, and returned it. I bought the Tesla to 1772 adapter from TeslaTap and it has worked perfectly, every time. I highly recommend you take a look at their product.

#4 · (Edited)
The Tesla Charger at home looks and feels like the destination Charger. If there is a difference I am not aware of what it would be. They both deliver 240 AC to the car charger which then converts to DC.

This is very different from the Super Charger of course which is delivering DC directly to Tesla-Only vehicles.

What I am certain of is that I had the same issues you presented both on the Charger (Red) and the Fault indications on the Jeep when using the Lectron, and once I returned it and bought the TeslaTap it worked fine.

hope this helps. Peripheral Gadget Audio equipment Cable Electricity
Font Gadget Technology Electronic device Audio equipment

Bicycle part Auto part Font Gas Cylinder

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.